Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
why is "ginner" written on the back of that white person

edit: oh, it's "sinner". I thought this was some alternate timeline where they switched the N and G around for the n-word. And it's white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

the religious hipster militia are also teetotalers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Far Cry 10: Just Go To The Store And Buy Milk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They call it Far Cry because when you see it you'll fart and cry a lot.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

numberoneposter posted:

set on the east coast during a flurry of blizzard predictions

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

numberoneposter posted:

DLC: Teens ask you to buy them beer

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a Far Cry... from a good game!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Black Friday would be a good setting for a Far Cry game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

a Far Cry... from a good game!

:vince:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Apoplexy posted:

The MAGA CHUDs are all up in arms over this. They're literally planning on not buying a video game!

im sure this boycot will actually work this time

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

Postal 2 already did this

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

My favorite was the "Register People to Vote" quest or whatever.

Anyone who refused, I would case them around town hitting them with the clipboard until they curled up in a fetal position then I'd pee on them till they barfed.

I can't remember if this was Postal 2 or the one time I volunteered to register people to vote in real life. Reality blurs sometimes.

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

Apoplexy posted:

The MAGA CHUDs are all up in arms over this. They're literally planning on not buying a video game!

Imagine a game where you kill a bunch of LRA style fanatics and stereotypes in the mountains of Uganda (you play as a black guy so it's fine)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I hope I get to play as a Mexican or Black dude or something

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

big nipples big life posted:

ubi thinks mountain folk look like seattle hipsters and since you get to shoot them I don't really think this is bad.

No they're pretty spot on for Montana people. Crazy rural people in Montana aren't rednecks, they're the guys building bunkers and forming heavily armed militias to fight the US military.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It'll be interesting to see how they make the game less interesting than an actual trip to Montana

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

No they're pretty spot on for Montana people. Crazy rural people in Montana aren't rednecks, they're the guys building bunkers and forming heavily armed militias to fight the US military.

In other words, rednecks.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

edit: oh, it's "sinner". I thought this was some alternate timeline where they switched the N and G around for the n-word. And it's white people.

Are you one of those people thinks that the Disney logo says "Gisnep"?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

In other words, rednecks.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, I like the Far Cry games and rural Montana seems like a novel and interesting place to take the series rather than just Anonymized Foreign Country, but on the other, I hate the idea of spineless little would-be Nazi punchers getting to enact a power fantasy based on the idea that everyone who voted differently from you deserves to die

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Want some rye? Course ya do!

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, I like the Far Cry games and rural Montana seems like a novel and interesting place to take the series rather than just Anonymized Foreign Country, but on the other, I hate the idea of spineless little would-be Nazi punchers getting to enact a power fantasy based on the idea that everyone who voted differently from you deserves to die

lol

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

It's silly to fret about what other people enjoy pretending in their games.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Strudel Man posted:

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

I'm thinking mostly of the slew of games journalism articles that will inevitably say this is a capital-I Important Game for the Trump Age, coming from the game series where you literally look at your bloody hands and say "what have I become" in one scene

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

who gives a poo poo what "gaming journalists" say

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was going to say the villain designs ruin my immersion since the rednecks I see locally are either fat as gently caress or skeletal with universally bad haircuts, facial hair, tattoos and clothing that's at least a decade out of style driving either lifted fords or lowered chevy s-10s

but the characters' overly manicured artisinal haircuts are perfect for imagining them as richard spencer types so it works imo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm thinking mostly of the slew of games journalism articles that will inevitably say this is a capital-I Important Game for the Trump Age, coming from the game series where you literally look at your bloody hands and say "what have I become" in one scene

Don't read them?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Boner Zone posted:

I was going to say the villain designs ruin my immersion since the rednecks I see locally are either fat as gently caress or skeletal with universally bad haircuts, facial hair, tattoos and clothing that's at least a decade out of style driving either lifted fords or lowered chevy s-10s

but the characters' overly manicured artisinal haircuts are perfect for imagining them as richard spencer types so it works imo

agreed, and the people caremad about trump would literally shoot their dicks off if they ever came near a gun

edit: i hope they have time to fix these two critical issues, because with those two changes i'll buy it

gobbagool fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 24, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Life Pro Tip: Don't read stuff written by game journalists.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

it would be interesting if you had to kill LESS characters in general and more firefights where maybe you just gotta drive em off or something i dunno more cinematic movie like

this is a complaint for all video games you are a one man killing army literally death incarnate in the game and then in the cut scenes you are some bitch who wont even sacrifice his friends and girlfriend to the snake god

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There better be a Bigfoot like in 4. But this time, it's a fat guy in a suit!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I'm mostly just waiting for the day when the McElroy Brothers completely disavow Polygon and the little cohort of joyless scolds they managed to bring together

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm mostly just waiting for the day when the McElroy Brothers completely disavow Polygon and the little cohort of joyless scolds they managed to bring together

I don't know what this means but you do.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I can't wait for reviewers that have never played a Far Cry game before jumping on this bandwagon because it's an important, historic game in the era of Trumps fascist white Amerikkka

#resist

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't know what this means but you do.

If you're not down with the McElroys then whatever bruv

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

the idea that everyone who voted differently from you deserves to die

uh but they do???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

major theme: behind every "average" small town america is a seedy underbelly

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

numberoneposter posted:

it would be interesting if you had to kill LESS characters in general and more firefights where maybe you just gotta drive em off or something i dunno more cinematic movie like

this is a complaint for all video games you are a one man killing army literally death incarnate in the game and then in the cut scenes you are some bitch who wont even sacrifice his friends and girlfriend to the snake god
Yeah, this is an issue in a lot of different games - enemies are always fearless fanatics who charge in heedlessly after you've casually executed all their compatriots.

Of course, if you wanted to make demoralizing and driving them off a goal instead of outright killing them, you couldn't really have them drop goodies when they die.

So just roll your eyes a little and move on. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Maya Fey posted:

who gives a poo poo what "gaming journalists" say

insufferable retards who are addicted to the internet and only view the world through an html viewport

• Locked thread