Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

far cry is bad, and being jazzed because you get to kill x type of person in a videogame is weird

goo goo gaa gaa blubububb kiwwing bad guys is bad! I'm a dumb widdle babby and think all the baddies in Wolfenstein should have a forum to speak on!

[huge giant smug emoticon]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

basic hitler posted:

I have found Far Cry to be a legit boring series beneath my time to even pirate, much less pay any dollar amount for, but if Far Cry 5 lets me shoot rednecks and racists without ever pulling the rug out and being like *~YOU ARE ALSO A BAD GUY~* then I will totally shell out full price for a collector's edition

Actually same

I can't believe I want to buy a Farcry game but why not.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

joining others in agreement that they look like bay area transplants. who the hell are the people in the poster supposed to be? they don't look like a crazy anti-government militia to me. or rednecks. when i first heard the setting was montana i imagined this:

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Junk posted:

yes this game was clearly made as a response to Trump being elected and the setting wasn't at all set in stone 2-3 years ago because it takes a long loving time to make a game like this

Junk posted:

it takes a long loving time to make a game like this

Ubi doesn't exist as anything other than an asscreed or *cry assembly line, lol @ the idea of them dedicating years to their annual far cry game, let alone their annual sandbox "experience"

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I hope the red herring bad guy is named Ronald Stump

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

far cry is bad, and being jazzed because you get to kill x type of person in a videogame is weird

Politics are w/e but getting excited over a Ubisoft game is a good sign of a mentally unstable and morally compromised person.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The last ubisoft game I bought was IL2: Sturmovik Pacific Fighters

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

scrubs season six posted:

What video games are out there for people that want to shoot SJWs and virtue signallers and transgenders?
Grand Theft Auto

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

What video games are out there for people that want to shoot SJWs and virtue signallers and transgenders?

There aren't, because people that nuts are too small to be a market

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*plays Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: the Da Vinci Disappearance and Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III: the Tyranny of King Washington and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: Freedom Cry and Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Assassin's Creed: Rogue and Watch_Dogs: Bad Blood and Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yeti and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and Far Cry: Primal and The Division and Watch_Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Ghost Recon: Wildlands: Cartel Run* Wow, epic. I can't wait to play these guys' next open world adventure game LOL

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Politics are w/e but getting excited over a Ubisoft game is a good sign of a mentally unstable and morally compromised person.

haha okay this I can agree with

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Sanzuo posted:

joining others in agreement that they look like bay area transplants. who the hell are the people in the poster supposed to be? they don't look like a crazy anti-government militia to me. or rednecks. when i first heard the setting was montana i imagined this:

People from the Himlayas don't usually wear pink suits and bleach their hair, but Far Cry 4 was still considered an accurate interactive documentary.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hatred

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

People from the Himlayas don't usually wear pink suits and bleach their hair, but Far Cry 4 was still considered an accurate interactive documentary.

Far Cry 4 is interesting because the only good ending is unlocked 10 minutes in and the actual game is basically a selection of bad choices. Very cool of them to charge $60 for that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All of them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The disturbing game ‘Kill the ******’, the objective of which is to murder as many gay and transgender people as possible, had appeared on Steam Greenlight

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 25, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its weird that its in montana even though the first thing i think of when i look at that is 'hillbillies' and there aren't any hillbillies in montana. thats an apalachia thing. but i get why they wouldn't do it because they cant plaster confederate flags everywhere because thats the only level that the far cry level designers are capable of operating on

also its weird that hillbillies are the bad guys now. i mean its not like deliverance isn't a major part of pop culture but at the same time the antagonists in the far cry games i can remember are : Dubious Paramilitary Company, African Warlords, Definitely Not Somalian Pirates, Hillbillies

i know its probably just aping resident evil but idk

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 25, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So the protagonist is kimmy schmidt right. Because the villain is just ubisofted hardcore Jon Hamm from that show.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

bbut i haven't been to the himalayas

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The American West is a fantastic landscape largely untouched as games' settings go and I hope that this game at least dips down into the Tetons and Yellowstone, depending on how big a world they're gonna make.

Imagine a basement dwelling nerd actually moving around in and interacting with a national park instead of pretending to do so in an electronic toy.

naem
May 29, 2011

Why do they all have 2010 hipster hair

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Because of video game designers and marketing.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

naem posted:

being only 7 years behind popular trends is the most trendy montana's ever been

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Pagan Min is not from Kyrat. He's from Hong Kong.

But generally, people from Hong Kong aren't voiced by a white American, either, so...

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The next Assassin's Creed will be set in a thinly fictionalized Williamsburg and will enable you to merciless wrist-dagger hipsters to death.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

wasn't the "good" route in the last far cry to turn your himalayen village into a drug operation and abandon the old culture

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

wasn't the "good" route in the last far cry to turn your himalayen village into a drug operation and abandon the old culture

no you see both options were morally ambiguous

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The "good" route is to wait patiently in the dining room for Pagan Min to return. He then shows you where/what Lakshmana is: Lakshmana is Pagan Min and Ishwari's daughter, murdered by Mohan Ghale, Ajay's father.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Because every single person working on this game has never been to Montana or spoken to unenlightened poors. They don't even have Starbucks for Christ sake! Disgusting.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Prorat posted:

Because every single person working on this game has never been to Montana or spoken to unenlightened poors. They don't even have Starbucks for Christ sake! Disgusting.

they tried but we don't speak french

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Dean of Swing posted:

Imagine a basement dwelling nerd actually moving around in and interacting with a national park instead of pretending to do so in an electronic toy.

I have a friend who lives in SLC and I am pretty sure he has never been outside the city limits lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

naem posted:

Maybe its really about hipsters

who moved to Montana and bought guns and flags ironically

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

You just discovered the Far Cry 5 plot twist.

You were the violent secessionist the whole time!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Regardless of whether they are psycho preppers or insufferable hipsters, I will enjoy unironically shooting all of them.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Wolfenstein already exists

i don't care if this was a lazy joke, it made me laugh bigly

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If this game isn't 8 months of being snowed in, 3 months of mud and 1 month of kick-rear end thunderstorms, it'll be entirely unrealistic.
They should also include that rest stop where they found someone decapitated. The one my mother lovingly refers to as The Headless Bathroom.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

big nipples big life posted:

The best part of this game is going to be the article comments shitstorm leading up to it.

part of the marketing strategy

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
this game better have ted kaczynski in it

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

There should be all this weird out of place wild game because the Trump army went full Ted Nugent and has been importing everything they could get. You can hunt the exotic montana white tigers to upgrade your arrow quiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Das Boo posted:

They should also include that rest stop where they found someone decapitated. The one my mother lovingly refers to as The Headless Bathroom.

Oh I doubt that any rest stop bathroom in Montana is headless.

• Locked thread