Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have found Far Cry to be a legit boring series beneath my time to even pirate, much less pay any dollar amount for, but if Far Cry 5 lets me shoot rednecks and racists without ever pulling the rug out and being like *~YOU ARE ALSO A BAD GUY~* then I will totally shell out full price for a collector's edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That wasn't the message at all. The politics were a backdrop to a story about how you and comstock and all other dewitts are a loving scourge no matter what reality you're in and so elizabeth decides to smother you. The revolutionaries are shown doing bad poo poo and being less than the sum of its parts but that's not loving surprising, it just mirrors real life, and isn't a value judgement but a gameplay and marketing choice lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

honestly the stories about Bioshock infinite's development make me wish we just got whatever version came out for that pre-release footage. That poo poo seemed to be way more on the nose about racism and white nationalism. So much got changed so often, ken levine is insane and he was dealing with publishers who wanted a game that could be marketed to a wide audience, not a political statement from some bougie liberal with some nerd clout

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Anyone who makes an argument that explicitly relies on death of the author, that is you must deliberately ignore known authorial/creative intent in order to make your case, you're a full of poo poo retard that's definitely a methane huffer. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Nobody has actually argued in favor of death of the author you weird angry nerd

i was just affirming something another guy said you, oddly hostile twerp

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

poo poo! Off. I meant to say off.

do one first then the other

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I hate that music in those trailers. It's not the right kind of music for what they're trying to do there.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

I was fine with how it ended until they hosed it up in Burial at Sea. That was just mean spirited and dumb.

The music itself doesn't fit and it frankly doesnt matter who wrote it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Life is starting to suck now that im not in the 18 to 25 demo everything is aimed at.

• Locked thread