Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Mameluke posted:

Finally a video game where you can kill Trump voters

Wolfenstein already exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Just realized page 2 in its entirety is this joke and people reacting to this joke and also a Trump voter who is very upset about this joke.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

with how insanely lovely the writing is in those games i can't wait to see how heavy handed they can make this

Imagine Kevin Smith's Red State but stripped of any nuance and depth (lol)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

In Far Cry 8 you are a photographer who jumps a fence to take a close photo of a waterfall but you slip because the rocks are very wet beyond the fence.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

An upcoming Far Cry game is said to be about a small child whose parents let him ride his tricycle around the block but not into the alleyway towards the next street over. He rides his tricycle through the alleyway one day and then gets lost and has to find an adult to help him get home.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

A man goes into an anarchist bookstore to use the bathroom but when he comes out they ask him to buy something.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The gamer uprising against the painting of good American families as insane killers will lead to a second version of this game getting published where the crazy people are, I don't know, let's say one of the weird polygamous Mormon sects from southern Alberta.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

Far Cry 10: Just Go To The Store And Buy Milk.

DLC: Teens ask you to buy them beer

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

who gives a poo poo what "gaming journalists" say

Gamers

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Piss de Bundy posted:

far cry 2 was fun, i liked it.

far cry 3 was, okay, it wasn't very memorable or amazing or anything.

blood dragon was tons of fun, but maybe only once or twice, not like a game with a ton of replay value.

i like atmosphere and lots of dialogue, little sidequests are fun and conquering forts was always great.

I liked Undertale and Braid

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Cakefarts Carol posted:

its been ruined by the tolerant left

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

For as basic and bland as her video series about games was, Anita sure knows how to piss off gamers, and for that I consider her extremely Good.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

scrubs season six posted:

What video games are out there for people that want to shoot SJWs and virtue signallers and transgenders?

Overwatch

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AlphaKeny1 posted:

yeah Christian militants have existed well before Trump and also how do you know that development time began 2-3 years ago when AAA titles can be churned out in 2 years tops nowadays (like far cry 4 was)

Yeah how you know that development starting 2 years ago when it take 2 years to make video game?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Sanzuo posted:

joining others in agreement that they look like bay area transplants. who the hell are the people in the poster supposed to be? they don't look like a crazy anti-government militia to me. or rednecks. when i first heard the setting was montana i imagined this:

People from the Himlayas don't usually wear pink suits and bleach their hair, but Far Cry 4 was still considered an accurate interactive documentary.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Video games.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

Its almost as if the protagonist you play isn't a good guy. Like, that's the point. Its not some "Nathan drake is a mass murderer and that clashes with the plot" thing
The plot is that who YOU are is capable of whats bolded in your stuff. That IS the point.

Gamers are only capable of understanding subtext in games if it's repeatedly shoved in your face like in that Spec Ops game where loading screens eventually start calling you a bad person for still playing and the developer said in an interview that the only way to win the game is if you turn it off and never play it again.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Hasn't Far Cry been about fake locations? Why would they pick a real state, in a real country?

I mean, if they wanted to go that route I can't think of a better location that Libya, or Syria.

Call it Cascadia in your mind or some poo poo, then, who cares

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

seriously if they dont play copperhead road at some point in the game im going to write a strongly worded email

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

Antagonist: This world is sick. Look around you, nothing but sinners haplessly floating along the city streets. Debauchery at every corner. Drugs. Sex. Everything about you disgusts me.
Protagonist: Please don't sing Dragula
Antagonist: Dig through the ditches

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

nigga crab pollock posted:

This is a convenient reading of the game that ultimately wasn't what they were going for hth

Have you heard of death of the author?

FYI it means when gamers send death threats to a game dev because the frame rate gets kind of fucky sometimes

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

nigga crab pollock posted:

death of the author is ultimately a lame postmodernist copout that lets ideologically minded jerkoffs separate their work from the context of the reality it was authored in and makes it vastly easier to sniff your own farts. it's not like its a bad concept, authorial intent is't always what a work ends up depicting, but its bred this acceptable attitude of ignorant agnosticism of the artist which usually ends up just being abused in fallacious arguments like this one where people jump up and say the dissonance between the story and gameplay is the whole point of the game when in actuality its just an artefact of the game trying to be six things at once and developed by a studio with a high turnover rate on a max time crunch attempting to re-bake the half cooked game concept that got dumpstered

Ok cool but did you see my joke about gamers sending death threats because that's why I made the post because caring about video games is stupid

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

basic hitler posted:

Anyone who makes an argument that explicitly relies on death of the author, that is you must deliberately ignore known authorial/creative intent in order to make your case, you're a full of poo poo retard that's definitely a methane huffer. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Nobody has actually argued in favor of death of the author you weird angry nerd

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

basic hitler posted:

i was just affirming something another guy said you, oddly hostile twerp

I could beat you up

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

poo poo! Off. I meant to say off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't know if someone said this already but I'm arguing for death of the author of the quoted post :grin:

What the

• Locked thread