Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, I like the Far Cry games and rural Montana seems like a novel and interesting place to take the series rather than just Anonymized Foreign Country, but on the other, I hate the idea of spineless little would-be Nazi punchers getting to enact a power fantasy based on the idea that everyone who voted differently from you deserves to die
It's silly to fret about what other people enjoy pretending in their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

it would be interesting if you had to kill LESS characters in general and more firefights where maybe you just gotta drive em off or something i dunno more cinematic movie like

this is a complaint for all video games you are a one man killing army literally death incarnate in the game and then in the cut scenes you are some bitch who wont even sacrifice his friends and girlfriend to the snake god
Yeah, this is an issue in a lot of different games - enemies are always fearless fanatics who charge in heedlessly after you've casually executed all their compatriots.

Of course, if you wanted to make demoralizing and driving them off a goal instead of outright killing them, you couldn't really have them drop goodies when they die.

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm thinking mostly of the slew of games journalism articles that will inevitably say this is a capital-I Important Game for the Trump Age, coming from the game series where you literally look at your bloody hands and say "what have I become" in one scene
So just roll your eyes a little and move on. :shrug:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Pawl posted:

I hope this becomes a hot trend and we see new woke games like Assassins Creed: Punch Nazis
They had that! It was called the Saboteur, and it was pretty darn good. More GTA than Assassin's Creed, though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only problem was the player character was from one of those terrible terrorist countries :(
No, no, he was Irish.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
:owned:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Harald posted:

so many people getting triggered by a dumb game lol
Is anyone actually bent out of shape about it? I've heard a lot of people anticipating controversy, but no actual controversy yet. Unless that one femfrequency tweet counts.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

BexGu posted:

Its mostly people jerking off about how many white Trump Supports/Redpills they are going to be killing.
Oh, sure, but that's not getting triggered, that's just somewhat distasteful anticipation.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
What was the reveal?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Spoiler that, please.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

The alt right is mad
Are they? I mean, I wouldn't be especially surprised, but I haven't actually seen any response, just people expecting one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

quote:

Us Gamers have had to endure a lot of crap over the last few years. The targeted harassment by the mainstream press through Gamergate, the terrible launch and outright lies of highly anticpated video games, the outright censorship of art through “localization” policies, the continued rejection of romantic partners when they find out our hobby, the appropriation of our culture by so-called “gamers” on twitter. NO MORE!
Somehow I don't think this is intended sincerely.

• Locked thread