Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I laughed when Jon shivved Dany after her manic messiah-complex speech

I actually thought that was well done. Clarke sold the "I'm so goddamn crazy" angle pretty well, like Dany wasn't even a real person anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVERRRR!!!!!!!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I thought this episode was pretty good, personally

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
except for the show-writers refusing to allow Bran to show any emotions at all, or, you know, act.

he should have rolled up to Dany in the destroyed throne room and shot her with a crossbow while cussing his rear end off

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What did you like about it? I'm honestly curious.

The show, and the books, ended.

But as more of a good-faith answer: I thought Clarke did a good job selling "crazy-eyes-i'm gonna save the world" mania. If the previous episodes had set it up better, it would have been perfect. The Dragonpit scene was just dumb enough to be amusing to me. Jon just loving off instead of really joining a non-existent Night's Watch was fine. Sansa ruling the North was good.

I also was greatly amused at how they just sprayed stuff at the screen. Drogon leaves. Random people at the Dragonpit meeting. Robin Arryn is there. Edmure is a goofball.

It was kind of a microcosm of the entire second half of the show, in my opinion. Very schizophrenic. One scene good, next scene bad, one episode good, next episode dogshit. Just a real mish-mash of quality. I enjoyed watching that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Sam still has a sister and mother, right?

gently caress it who cares, the story is done alleluia

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Remember when Highgarden had a huge gently caress-off army and then they just died

Remember when the Dothraki the Unsullied the Vale Knights the everybody and Dorne and all the poo poo and the fleets sailing around at light speed and how bad the continuity of the show was and how normally studios/producers specifically employ people to keep track of that poo poo and say "hey, this won't make sense, need to amend the screenplay" and they just didn't?

Remember that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the character of Bran, after becoming the three-eyed-raven, would have been more interesting if he had been played by animatronics or a muppet instead of the actor

why did they even keep employing the actor if they weren't going to let him do anything

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
it's better than having a titular line

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Preechr posted:

Did this not have one of those post-mortems where D&D vigorously stroke their egos about what everything really meant?

just make one up and you'll probably be accurate

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Supreme Allah posted:

soo, what are we going to bitch about non stop now

Asking for myself

i think i'll just wander out into the forest and die of exposure

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008