Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I don’t watch this trash, I just read the thread’s reactions and I figure I get all the salient points. Any parts worth seeing (fake Sansa, etc) get posted in here anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The same way he wipes his rear end, with a towel on a stick.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Harveygod posted:

But the question now is, is it the same stick?

GRRM literally almost died from acute shitdick. What does your heart tell you?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

All I remember from Dance was that a baby died on the second page and also the last page.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Endings are pretty tough. Like 80% of the characters are going to die in battles, and for a lot of them, fans will be going back over their journeys and going "well what was the point of all that?"

The real game isn’t the ending, it’s the rapes they did along the way

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

I mean sure...it's a stretch and I could see Hillary presenting herself in that light as prez, but I doubt terrorist bombing your local church with thousands of civilian casualties would've been her secret M.O. lol

Preechr
May 19, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

OMG Hillary, that church full of your political enemies you blew up had innocent women and children inside!

Hillary: "My political enemies were in there?"

"Blew? Like, with a fan?"

Preechr
May 19, 2009

So many moms are gonna flip their poo poo over their little girl being named after the chief architect of the Rape of Nanking’s Landing.:discourse:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Rated PG-34 posted:

dany as an allegory for american foreign policy

more like "What if MacArthur and LeMay had a baby together?"

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Dany kinda forgot about the laws of armed conflict.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

More shows need to have the apocalypto ending imo

Preechr
May 19, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

I don't see how WoT isn't a huge disaster. I mean that single episode of the prologue that got released like 5 years ago was actually pretty good. However, the WoT is loving endless with meandering often meaningless sub-plots and minor characters. Maybe they'll just cut it down to the obvious protagonist. Even that would probably go on for like, 8 seasons.

The adventures of Mat would probably be a decently paced show.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Did this not have one of those post-mortems where D&D vigorously stroke their egos about what everything really meant?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yeah, that’s what the CIA said, too.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The Management posted:

I didn’t read the books and don’t plan to. In the show, did the three-eyed raven serve any purpose whatsoever? Why did he exist? He did a bit of exposition, but it was mostly pointless.

Well, you see, in 2012 we found out that he existed and that he lived in a tree, and then the Mountain That Does Not Write put down the keyboard and now it’s 2019.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Every book after the third is just about as solid as Dany’s bowel movements.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

thoughts and prayers posted:

The dude modeled the poo poo in the books after the War of the Roses and everything in it - weird sex stuff, grisly executions, etc. - was par for the course in uncomfortably recent history.

He was throwing it in to show the kind of twisted realty of the era most fantasy novels are set in actually was - and that they sweep under the rug.

The setup with Dani is uncomfortable? Yeah, it is, and it's supposed to be.

If you want unbelievably over-the-top sexual deviancy for pure pandering and shock value then GRRM has nothing on, say, Philip Jose Farmer. Go find 'A Feast Unknown' and see the most ridiculous poo poo the 70's had to offer.

All I remember from Philip Jose Farmer was Riverworld, and how literal Himmler recanted his nazi ways and nobly sacrificed himself to save humanity (after being killed on sight repeatedly by the protagonists).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I hope a giant coughs on some more people.