Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Honestly I cant wait for this fuckin poo poo to be done with. The speculation. The endless parsing of teasers. loving ALL of it.

I was an instant fan of the show but its not THAT great and will be rightly remembered for being corny as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I met someone and we were talking about TV shows- I mentioned I liked GoT- and the response, "all I know is it's a show about rape" :wtc: Welp, see ya!

Like lol suddenly I'm a loving apologist for rape because I like this show

An apologist for rape

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ikanreed posted:

There is an awful lot of rape.

Name a woman on the show no one tried to rape. There's a couple

Yeah but it's not about rape

It's not like oh hey I gotta tune in to The Rape Hour to get my fill of rape, oh will my insatiable thirst for rape ever be satisfied? Talk about not giving someone the benefit of the doubt :shrug:

e: what I'm trying to say is, can I get some validation that maybe this was just a really lame person, because lots of women like the show too?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

the trump tutelage posted:

TV Show is already the canon story in the majority of people's minds. I wonder if GRRM is bitter about that.

Well it sure didn't inspire him to write any faster :rolleyes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

sugar free jazz posted:

I cannot wait for more spooky skeletons and bad pussy and people named after physical characteristics they have like Wet Hair who has wet hair and drogon the dragon

And The Neverending Story caliber graphics and mysterious thousand+ horse barbarians mysteriously showing up and deciding all of the sudden to ride in circles around a lady

You forgot the tree elf fire grenades :laugh: And we want more dickless love story with Grey Worm. Really, who gives a poo poo? So much screen time, in every season, wasted on pointless bullshit. Will Arya get rid of her sword? Will she?? Won't she?? Who cares!??

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Grey Worm learning to read takes up entirely too much screen time

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

the trump tutelage posted:

What's everyone's opinion on most weakass portrayal of an awesome book character on the show?

I vote Barristan's

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

extra stout posted:

- dragon girl or one of the stark girls tells a old man blacksmith to collect the swords the lionisters stole from her dead dad and make a bunch of little swords

Collect the swords, Bentley Bear!

That'll eat up a few episodes of screentime, heh heh heh... :hehe:

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

the book made it clear that a bigass skull got mailed somewhere else so he had to have a different head on the old giant body if he wasn't a frankensteinean horror top to bottom

Bingo (he is a Frankensteinean horror)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

fruit on the bottom posted:

To be honest, I was hoping Cleganebowl wouldn't happen. In the books Browne meets the priest and there's a unnamed character who fits the hound's description though the priest explicitly says that the hound is dead and buried and then she moves on and we never see them again and Sandor has a nice little sendoff where he's out his old life behind him and implied to have found a measure of peace exiting the story on a high note.

I liked that ending for him.

Ah yes, the best part of the book. "That interesting character you like? Died while you were at the movies! Probably, anyway! No, you can't have a cool flashback sequence of it!"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

whoflungpoop posted:

Dude grey worm is a badass and a lil sweetie, like when he went up and told Missy in halting first year English class words that her teaching sessions were very precious to him I was like awww :3:

Show us killing

Show us zombies

Show us anything but this

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I'm generally just pretty glad that I only started reading the books the year DwD came out and avoided the show entirely after watching a few scenes that looked a lot less grandiose than my mental image had been from the book.

Spfcly the tourney where they say the King used his superhuman medieval general shout to get the mountain to chill in the book, and he just kinda grumbles it in the show.

My favourite of this is Vaes Dothrak. In the books it's like the biggest city ever with palaces of every architectural style able to simultaneously house every Dothraki in the world.

In the show it's literally just a pile of poo poo.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Eyrie was dope but how did the Moon Door go down into the valley below when it is in the middle of the floor of the castle? I forget if they changed the layout in the show after S1.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

In fact you might say it died on the vine :grin:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's her face.

:thurman:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What a stupid show, it used to be done by this time in June and it hasn't even fuckin started>???

Oh I guess its all the extra episodes theyre filming.

What's that?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
So is this stupid show coming back or are they just going to show more gay trailers forever because that's what 11 months of the year feels like under normal production but it's now been more than a year since the last season ended so what the gently caress, can we please not wait anymore? Jesus

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

facebook jihad posted:

This show sucks

:hellyeah:

It will not hold up over time, lol season 2 doesn't even hold up now

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I remember when Jon Snow died the first time, a couple came into my work and they were like "we just watched Game of Thrones" and the bitch was crying, it owned bones

At the same time it was the signal to gtfo of watching this lovely show

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Game of Thrones is by far my favourite show about rape

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The Dennis System posted:

She looks like Michael Jackson.
Yeah ok

I don’t mind, I’m still gonna “beat it”

:lol:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
How many more shots will we get of Winterfellers going all WOAH :wth: at very, very light skinned blacks

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like to imagine We Do Not Sow being taken very literally and them cracking down on anyone sowing being like HEY

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Podrick Is gently caress Champion might be the worst thing in the show, what else comes close

Anything Sand Snakes, I guess

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Senor Dog posted:

um. a lot.

There's almost too much to remember. I keep going "oh yeah, that" when I think of episodes past. Basically anything that wasn't in the books was shite

Starting to think this is not a good show???

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hated Roz and thought she had wayy too much screen time, the first person they tried to make an "important" character by having her interact with every person in Westeros when it just wasn't earned, interesting or relevant.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol remembering the really, really bad fighting of the Sand Snakes

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the struggle to become the ruler of the 7 Sandkingdoms

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They should just do Robert's Rebellion in its entirety which is a more interesting story than what ended up happening anyway

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Dadliest Worrier posted:

Danny DeVito as Robin Arryn, eagerly suckling at Danny DeVito’s teat.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Butcher King of Astapor, 2020

He speaks to the people's economic anxieties

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"heh, people sure love this fuckin show, but man am I ever bored of it. ergo, :regd08:"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

dr.acula posted:

Was it a Game of Iron Throne or A Song of Iron Throne?

In Spanish the show is called Throne of Swords which is pretty :rock:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Didn't the alien rape Adrien Brody?

e: oh wow, nice snipe

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm not saying that there should be no reaction to that scene, but uncomfortable laughter to avoid examining the implications is a sign of immaturity.

Look at this FREAK who loves alien sex

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

13Pandora13 posted:

(Not GoT, the next 10 books in Wild Cards)

Ahahaha of loving course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Hillary 2020 posted:

It was amazing how it was such a huge thing for eight years and then <crickets>

No-one even talks about the good parts. Just wiped from the collective conscious.

The suspense was the good part, and having everything resolved so terribly kinda kills all the impact of the buildup that came before it. It's the ultimate shaggy dog story.