Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

quote:

"Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Brandon Stark stepped into the Old Man Tree accelerator and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing Hodor images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. And so Dr. Stark finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Typo posted:

book euron = mad genius

show euron = college friend on cocaine

It's been a while since I've read the books, I don't remember Euron being that smart- did I miss something?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

superjew posted:

Granted, most characters have more opportunity for exposition in the books, but he's less soccer hooligan and more pensive pirate.

No doubt there. Even show Euron's costume didn't feel right. He looked too modern, like he was in a band or something.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Victarion supports the right to bear lava arms.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope it turns out there's a bunch more giants on Jon's side and they start stepping on loads of ice-people

but then it turns out that the ice-dudes brought an ICE-TITAN and it steps on more giants

and for a while it seems they're done for but Tryion convinces the surviving humans to lock arms-and-legs together to create the biggest giant of them all and it steps on the ice-titan

Voltron on the iron throne.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
With critical damage.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

Really weird thing, if you watch game of thrones again, Tommen actually gets murdered in the third season by one of the north lords. Not sure how the series continues after this

Timecube.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dumb Lowtax posted:

There are no spoilers because there is no script. Without GRRM they're just winging this poo poo, they're gonna do it live

gently caress it!! We'll do it live!!! We'll do it live!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The new season is really exciting.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sheen Sheen posted:

D&D bring back Ghost you hacks

This.

We've had enough scenes of the dragons scaring the crap out people while Dany smugs. I wanna see how she reacts to a giant direwolf.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
My prediction for next weeks episode:

The battle is going badly, all hope looks lost-

When suddenly Robin fookin' Arryn strides onto the battlefield like a Golden God...

And he gets stepped on by a giant.

(That was not giant's milk he was suckin' all those years)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

All hail His Grace, Bran of House Stark, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Creeper of Winterfell, Spergiest of Spergs, Purveyor of Autism, High Scorer of Raven Flight Simulator 2019, and Warger of Shits.

There, you don't have to watch the finale.

They'll give it to Gendry. Just you watch.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

LabyaMynora posted:

Goddamn, this was such a good show once...

Gods, the writing was strong then!!

Bring me my plot stretcher!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Truly it was a Game of Throne...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
That Chernobyl is a good show.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Fashionable Jorts posted:

This is game of thrones. Only like 6 soldiers actually die in any battle.

And half of those will inexplicably show up next episode...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Zero VGS posted:

If by some miracle Gurm lives to finish the books and they are actually good, HBO should hire a new cast to do the whole series over, but just superimpose them over the original footage like in Kung Pow

I'm certain HBO will want to keep milking this cash cow. I expect Game of Thrones: Brotherhood in like 10-15 years.

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 23, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Serious question- so what was the point of Dany's story arc? What did she ultimately learn? What did we learn?

I honestly can't think of anything that's not a joke response...

An exploration of how people (like Jorah or Jon) can follow someone who does evil things?

Who am I kidding, themes are for 7th grade book reports.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I guess it fits into the larger theme of the inherent problems that come with seeking power. Characters who sought power in the story were corrupted by it, forced to compromise their values, were betrayed, found that it wasn't what they wanted, found that they were wrong, etc.

Basically pick a character who tried to wield influence and count the ways it hurt them or others. Dany's ultimate struggle along those lines came when she realized it wasn't possible for her to win via love, so she had to choose between giving up or turning to fear. And ultimately the pursuit of power destroyed her just like it did everyone else. In the end the "best" rulers turned out to be the ones who didn't want power at all.

Ok, I could accept this. Jon being the exception with how people kept trying to hand him power and him trying to get out of it and ultimately refusing to take power at the end.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Moridin920 posted:

Oh also just for clarity, this is what machicolations look like:

Notice as you get up close to the wall the defenders can start shooting at you or throwing stuff down at you through the holes, while still being in cover themselves.

To bring it back around to GoT: loving LOL that Casterly Rock has purely aesthetic battlements and the soldiers are tossing rocks up and over the battlements at the enemies instead of... you know... down through machicolations which are for that exact purpose.

Their merlons are basically useless too, since they provide no real cover and an attacker can rake the walls with arrows and gently caress their day up. Good thing Dany's army has none I guess lmao.

They really should have had Shadiversity advise the castle designers... we would have had far more MACHICOLATIONS

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So unless the prequels bomb hard, surely HBO will remake GoT when if* GRRM finishes the books.

Who would you cast in Game of Thrones: Brotherhood?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Collapsing Farts posted:

Danny Devito as the main protagonist for sure

Danny Devito as Littlefinger?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I think we've come to the obvious conclusion that GoT should be remade with DeVito playing all the characters.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Giant Danny DeVito stomping on regular size Danny DeVitos. Night King Danny DeVito lovingly booping baby Danny DeVito on the nose and turning him into baby ice zombie Danny DeVito. Bareass naked Danny DeVito stepping out of the fire and revealing himself as the mother of dragons.

The Emmys are on lock for the next decade.

vvv:hmmyes:

That's the best thing I've read all day!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Perhaps this will jog your memory.

:vince:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

:five:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Oh, I think we'll get the next book- even if someone else has to finish editing it.

I've made my peace that we'll never see the last one though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

amusinginquiry posted:

I hate this thread but the title is too good for me to unbookmark it

It is honestly one of the best thread titles I've ever seen on this forum.