Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Aliquid posted:

I'm happy with the way this is turning out. Please take another look at the stuff I changed, including the way I divided up duties by subject in the consultant section. Unresolved issues: skills -> mission statement, too many Nigerian bullet points. I took off the extracurricular line, but added two (minister of education and event planning). I feel it's all important, how should I cut it more? With the mission statement, I'm having trouble getting it tight and clear instead of it either looking unappealing for local jobs or full of corporate jargon. Other stuff, like education placement and inclusion of hotel job, iunno.

One job I'm applying for is a local suburb's Tourism Manager; they use the hotel occupancy tax for funding and so the hotel job may be an individual application decision.

I know it's late, but your skills should be listed at the bottom and majorly paired down. Microsoft Office can suffice for several of those bullets. Get rid of confident public speaking and critical thinker, etc (you want to demonstrate these things, not state them). Skills should just programs you use or certificates you've earned. Ie. instead of business intelligence software, state whatever software it is

your education should drop to the bottom as well. The hiring manager sees MBA and automatically thinks certain things which may or may not work in your favor depending on what you are applying for. The way your resume is structured now, that's the first thing they see rather than what you've done.

you can also very easily trim down this resume and majorly improve your bullet points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread