Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Haha I first saw this on my phone and--not realizing that you were also the OP--thought "wow that's really lovely and rude to firstpost under an earnest and well-intentioned OP". I'm glad I waited til I was on my laptop to queue up a sixer.

I'm well out of my element when discussing the MBA job market but I wish you the best of luck. Some quick thoughts:
-Re: "Was this degree a total mistake?": so what if it was? You can't go back and change it. I know it's tough to stay positive but getting down on yourself about your educational decision is going to lead you away from a problem solving mindset.
-You mention several friends making good salaries, albeit with very different qualification and occupational profiles than you. Have you tried leveraging their networks at all?
-What does your MBA program have in the way of career services and alumni networking?
-I wonder if your cover letters would benefit from trading some breadth for depth. You introduce a bunch of different skills and experiences, but only spend a sentence on each one. It might come across to hiring managers as "here are all the bullet points on my resume, now in exciting new cover letter format!" Maybe try rewriting your cover letter to tell fewer, better stories about experiences you've had and skills you've developed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread