Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Don't kill yourself, duder. Definitely start shopping your BA resume around for lower tier jobs. My friend was at an entry level position doing marketing type stuff at a local credit union, and her boss liked her so much that she just got a promotion to doing "process analysis" which is one job hop away from a real consultant position. So you really just need to get a toe in anywhere, and then bend the job toward what you really want to do. I know it sucks to go back to square one, but sometimes it's necessary.

Alternatively, consider starting your own business? My old boss started a tutoring business and did really well for himself. Something that you can bootstrap up from just one person. Maybe expand your marketing/brand business?

I feel you on the wasted degree - I spent like $15k on a MLIS the year before they cut like half of the librarian positions in California. So what? You can push past this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, I can think of parts of that resume that you can get rid of instead (the third page list of skills)

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I'd also take off the Peru thing, a "certificate" that nobody will ever have heard of reads like you did some online course and printed out a piece of paper to stick on your fridge.

• Locked thread