Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

photomikey posted:

This, except call 9-1-1 and sound alarmed that someone is breaking into your neighbor's house. Conveniently fail to mention that your neighbors house is abandoned and that these people are there all the time. The fuzz will send 20 cop cars, a K9 and a helicopter. They will 100% catch the folks who are in there. They may or may not get charged, those charges may or may not stick, but I assure you these people will find somewhere else to go.

hmm I'm no expert but making a false 911 call sounds like a pretty bad idea to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

photomikey posted:

If they would send 2 guys over when you said " there are vagrants living in this abandoned house", it wouldn't come to this.

In any case, I don't advocate lying. Wait until you see them break in the house, call the cops and tell them someone's breaking in the house.

you actually explicitly advocated lying

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

greasyhands posted:

Calling 911 to report a B&E when people are actively B&E'ing is not a false 911 call. It doesn't matter if the house is abandoned or not, the laws are the same. Not mentioning that it is abandoned is in fact a good idea.

you are deliberately deceiving the emergency services in order to provoke an emergency response to something that isn't actually an emergency, "technically none of my statements were false" is a garbage excuse

• Locked thread