Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I rent a place in the inner city next to an abandoned house. From the street, there is a fence between both the buildings - which squatters have determined makes for an ideal location to sit behind and sleep or smoke their illegal substances. Ideally, I would just tear down the fence so there is no privacy, but I don't own it, nor do I know who does.

I imagine some of you are probably thinking "who cares" but this fence and area between houses is probably only 4-6 ft wide, and people are walking right by my kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom windows while my girlfriend or myself may be in various states of undress. If they just broke into the abandoned house and did their thing in there I wouldn't care.

My thought is to place a motion detector on the rear of the fence with some sort of alarm to warn people off. Does anyone have experience with such a thing? A motion light would not be sufficient - they are walking back there at all times of day and night. Unfortunately there is some tree and overgrown grass cover in the rear that makes them hard to see from the alley in the rear, so even though police patrol the area, they cannot see them without physically getting out of their vehicle and walking through there.

Thoughts/Advice? Again, I don't own this property, so it has to be something remote. Alternately if it could be placed on the inside of my window viewing out, it could be plugged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

BUT there's nothing stopping you from putting your own fence up on your property. A nice 8 foot'er sounds about right.

I did mention that I'm a renter. I'm not putting up a fence or anything semi-permanent. I do appreciate everyone's input thus far though

• Locked thread