Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:getin:

Name (First & Last): Floaty McPylon
Birthday: September 15
Birth Year (1999-2001): 2001
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 lbs
City: Brest
Position: D
Number: 84
Handedness: Right

Pick one of the paths to the Pros: Europe

Player Type: Offensive Defenseman
Real life counterpart (active or retired) or short description of player: Basically a defenseman who's really good at offense but sucks at defense (think a Justin Schultz on the Oilers with better offense or an Erik Karlsson that sucks more defensively)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Player Type:
Real life counterpart (active or retired) or short description of player: http://i.imgur.com/x4WvEcz.gifv

You're missing this one:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Pylon don't do local Belarus league. Pylon only plays for best KHL team, the Dinamo Minsk of glorious Belarus.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

OoC: First the Caps beat the Pens in the playoffs, then the ~~~Oilers~~~ don't win the draft lottery? Game is clearly broken. :colbert:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

OoC: So the Oilers have missed the playoffs 11 straight years in this alternate universe. Needless to say I don't like this alternate universe so far.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I looked forward to draft of rich NHL, but agent told me I born day too late. бздура! Give me money now, rich American pigs!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Agent tell me NHL scouts like skills, want to draft high, but want more defense. I laugh. Who need defense in hockey???

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

Notable Stats
Thomas demolished the AHL goals record

Comments
Holy poo poo, Touchdown Thomas

quote:

76 GP - 93 goals

:stare:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I go to NHL combine, I asked questions by teams. I say я не размаўляю па-англійску. Agent say they not find funny, hurt draft rankings. Pylon don't care, for fat American pig questions are dumb.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 8, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

OoC:

Hockles posted:

End of 2019-20 Season Update
Vezina Trophy (Best Goaltender)
Cam Talbot -- Edmonton Oilers

How did Talbot get the Vezina but the Oilers still missed? Did McDavid die in this alternate universe?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I get drafted by Los Angeles. Big place they call "Tinseltown". Agent say many stars live there. Floaty McPylon shall become big star in place with many stars!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Team bring me in, say I need to work on defense. But Pylon don't do defense. Team tell me I go to little league team. Ебать вас вы не кажаце мне, што рабіць! I go back to glorious Belarus!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Agent convince me to come back to Tinseltown, say they only demote me to "American Hockey League" this time. I accept. Pylon play Belarussian way, they see what I do, they like and give me chance in richest hockey league! Гэта слаўны дзень! Грошы, вось я прыйду!

e: Also, OoC, but a shorthanded goal for a defenseman who's bad at defense? Nice.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 13, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Team did not make playoffs. But that okay. I get no money in playoffs.

Hockles posted:

Comments
Despite only playing 25 games, McPylon finished 10th among AHL Dmen in points

:lol:

Pylon would have won Amereekan Hockey League awards if Tinseltown not call me up. But I make more money this way. All is good.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

You were basically Justin Schultz from like 2012 or whatever

Kilza posted:

Name (First & Last): Floaty McPylon
Real life counterpart (active or retired) or short description of player: Basically a defenseman who's really good at offense but sucks at defense (think a Justin Schultz on the Oilers with better offense or an Erik Karlsson that sucks more defensively)

Looking good so far. :getin:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I get invite to All-Star Game. Teammates say I get money if I win! Фантастычны! Pylon score all goals and get big check!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Team praised me for regular season, say Pylon play well. I play Belarussian way, get many points, don't bother with defense. Team best team in league. But I no plan on doing well in playoffs, as I not paid in playoffs. But agent convince me, say contract up and big performance get me big money. Pylon listen to agent, play well in playoffs, play Belarussian way.

It worked. Team won. Floaty McPylon singlehandedly bring back Cup to Tinseltown! Ура! Зараз усе амерыканскія свінні пакланяйцеся мне! І я буду атрымліваць дзярмо кучу грошай!

Days later, during the NHL Awards:
"And the winner of the James Norris Memorial Trophy is...Floaty McPylon of the Los Angeles Kings!"

McPylon, excited, runs up to the stage, his translator alongside him. He grabs the Norris trophy and walks up to the microphone.

McPylon: Дзякуй ідыётаў за гэтую вялікую ўзнагароду! Я ніколі не гуляў абароны ў маім жыцці, але вы ўзнагародзіць мне ўзнагароду за добра гуляць у абароне! Вы усё па-чартоўску па-дурному! Я лепшы! Хахаха! Суперзорка Floaty McPylon па-за!
("Thank you idiots for this great award! I have never played defense in my life, yet you award me an award for playing well defensively! You're all loving stupid! I'm the best! Hahaha! Superstar Floaty McPylon out!")

Translator: grimaces at McPylon's speech, sighs, then goes up to the microphone "Thank you all for this tremendous award, I am happy to be the first Belarussian player ever to win this award. I hope I can continue to play well for my team. Truly grateful, Floaty McPylon."

Audience looks confused yet claps anyways.

The next day:
"The NHL has fined Floaty McPylon $25,000 dollars for his acceptance speech during the NHL Awards."

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I say to agent to make me richest man in NHL. Agent only make me 12 million American dollars for 3 years. Agent fired. Floaty McPylon will now represent himself! No agent needed!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I like how, two and a half seasons into his NHL career, Floaty McPylon looks like Erik Karlsson 2.0. Now give my beautiful Belarussian boy more awards, EA. :colbert:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon is already 1st in career goon defenseman points and 8th in career goon points despite being one of the last two drafted. He's good (at offense).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I am tired of Seth Jones winning my Norris Trophy. I hired American sniper to get rid of him. Not as good as Belarussian sniper, but he will do.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

This is the first season since he started playing that Floaty McPylon hasn't been invited to the All-Star game (AHL or NHL), all because the goon d-men are injury prone this season. :rip:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Looks like good ol' Belarussian boy Floaty McPylon picked up another injury after the All-Star break, which probably was the root cause of LA missing the playoffs. :rip:

Still managed to be the top goon producing D and 4th out of all goons in P/G, though. He good.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I negotiate own contract, I say I want 11.5 million American dollars per year. Guy says okay, gives me contract to sign. Turns out I fail to read, only get 11.5 million American dollars over 2 years! ебать!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:stare:

Unless it happened at some point during the sim, that's the first 100+ point season by a d-man since 91-92 (or in 35 years). Crazy.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

4 points away from McPylon winning the scoring race. Aydin :argh:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

Is anybody actually happy on the team they are on?

Floaty McPylon is a simple Belarussian boy. He doesn't care which team he is on, as long as he's getting paid the big bucks.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I think the Los Angeles Kings managed to turn themselves into the Erik Karlsson version of the Ottawa Senators.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It only took 8 seasons but finally Floaty McPylon is considered a Top 2 defenseman by the game. Too bad the Kings are underpaying him by at least $2 mil per season. They are, as they say in Belarus, танна.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I have a conspiracy theory that Bortnik injured McPylon in order to win the Norris. McPylon has sent all info of this to the NHL head offices. :tinfoil:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kings get your poo poo together and get my soft boy another Cup or two before his career is over.

My soft boy who's starting to decline. :smith:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon is back, baby!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon, first Art Ross winner since Bobby Orr in 1974-75. 56 years in the making. Now if he could win the Hart, and Stanley Cup, and Conn Smythe to top it all off.

Also a goon friend joins the Belarussian star in LA. :woop:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

First d-man to win the Hart since Pronger in 2000. First d-man to win the Ted Lindsay since Bobby Orr in 1975. Another Cup. Another Lady Byng. No second Conn Smythe, but that's the only thing Belarussian Superstar Floaty McPylon missed out on this season.

Only 29 years old, too. One of the best d-men ever with a few good years still ahead for him. :getin:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon unfortunately died after being the best player in the league last season. :rip:

Also the Kings are acquiring all the goons now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon, 3 time Stanley Cup champion. :getin:

Thank god the Kings drafted an amazing goalie and have started acquiring some goon players too.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

Comments
According to OVR ratings (which I am keeping secret), McPylon is the 5th best D on LA

Hey! You can't just say that and then not reveal the OVR ratings! :mad:

Also the retirement links lead to the 2031 retirements, just FYI.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Only 17:51 in average TOI? What are you doing to my precious Belarussian superstar, LA?!?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

you jamokes are getting old

Floaty McPylon is only 32! And has made numerous requests that he deserves more playing time! Unfortunately he still has neglected to take the advanced English courses offered by the Kings, so he's only able to tell them this in Belarussian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Pleads posted:

Floaty McPylon is perhaps the greatest defenceman of all time.

• Locked thread