Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Anders posted:

:smith:

At least I was first at something.

Nope, not even the first goon to retire.

Hockles posted:

2030 Offseason News
Notable Retirements
Danny Provolone (440gp - 48g - 12a - 60p)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Floaty McPylon can't hear which lovely d-man won the Norris because he's got a Hart Trophy plugging one ear and a Ted Lindsay Award plugging the other and oh god that sounds painful why did he do that.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

Comments
There is a player in this universe by the name of Gordon Jon lol.
I'm not laughing about that, his last name are the letters "L O L" all lower-case. He would have been born in 2012.

A quick Google search reveals it's the PSN of some Reddit user. I can't say I'm surprised EA would do such a thing.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Belarussian boy Floaty McPylon has broken the 1000 point mark. :toot:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

bavel bortnik is on a quest to be the GOAT defenseman. i believe in bavel bortkin. go bavel

He doesn't even have the Hart to be greater than 4 time Stanley Cup champion Floaty McPylon, let alone Bobby Orr. :colbert:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Much like real life, I expect that they end up on the LTIR with "old age disease" after they turn 37 or so, which in this game means they retire.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

McPylon was in line for another Norris at the All-Star break. Unfortunately, the game decided to make him get injured again. :rip:

e: Also finally noticed that McPylon is in the top 100 for all-time points. He good.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 2, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

6 Norris trophies, 3 Stanley Cups, career +314 compared to Floaty's +191 playing on a stacked team his whole life. where's that two-way game at Floaty? smdh that you would even pretend Floaty can hold a candle to Bavel. you are not even 7/8ths the man he is. by the time Bavel's career is over, he will have scored more than double the career goals of Bobby Orr.

e: removed false information. the Bavel defense force will only use reliable, sober sources from hereon out.

Kilza posted:

Floaty McPylon can't hear which lovely d-man won the Norris is being compared to him because he's got a Hart Trophy plugging one ear and a Ted Lindsay Award plugging the other and oh god that sounds painful why did he do that.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

hmm, looks like LA's problem was that the best d-man of this generation was out with an injury. A shame that their repeat was prevented like that. Bring on a healthy age 35 season.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I like how Jus Poost had an 86 overall and could still play well, yet NHL 17's RNG decided "nope gently caress that".

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oof, McPylon slowed down during the second half of the season. He was looking real good before.

He passed Lidstrom in points to become the 6th highest point getter all-time amongst d-man. He's only 93 points away from becoming the 3rd highest point getting d-man ever. Can he do it?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Barring any trades/signings, I don't know how McPylon and Hockles ended up being the last goon teammates, but here we are.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I finally realized that Roy Palapuz, with 93 OVR, only 35 years old, coming off a Cup, Conn Smythe, Hart and Linsday ended up retiring. Great realism EA.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

A very strong 36 year old season from the pride of Belarus Floaty McPylon. Now he's in the top 50 of all time points and 4th in all-time points by a d-man, only 20 behind MacInnis.

e: Also 4th in points by goons, where he'll likely stay unless some crazy old man poo poo happens.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 4, 2017

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Come on LA, stop falling short. You gotta get the greatest player in your franchise history that played his whole career in LA his 5th Cup.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:rip: Floaty McPylon, the greatest Belarussian player to ever live.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Let us never forget Floaty McPylon, the Belarussian legend, who dazzled us all with his amazing offensive prowess as a defenseman. His accomplishments:
-15 time ASG player, 1 time AHL ASG player, only missed getting named to one season's ASG due to injury
-4 time Stanley Cup winner
-4 time Norris winner
-3 time Lady Byng winner
-1 time Art Ross winner
-1 time Hart winner
-1 time Ted Lindsay winner
-1 time Conn Smythe winner

-1254 points, 4th highest total by a d-man, 49th highest by any player
-165 playoff points, which is at most 4th highest by a d-man
-Number of 100+ point seasons: 3
-Lowest point total in a full season: 61
-Highest goals in a season: 57, a record for a defenseman
-Total goals: 518, one of only 3 d-men to reach the 500+ goal mark, alongside Bortnik and Murphy
-Highest PIM total in a season: 14
-Probably a fancy stats darling too if EA ever kept track of that stuff

1st ballot Hall of Famer. Number #84 retired by LA. Arguably the second best defenseman of all time, only behind Orr. :getin:

It's too bad he got injured in his prime during 2025-26 and 2028-29, or else he'd easily have better numbers next to his name and probably some more trophies too. But no matter. He's easily one of the best and cleanest defensemen ever to play the game.

Thanks for doing this, Hockles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hockles posted:

2038 Offseason News

Notable Retirements
Touchdown Thomas - 1549gp - 1118g - 676a - 1794p
Quayden Aydin - 1392gp - 664g - 1021a - 1685p
Floaty McPylon - 1273gp - 518g - 736a - 1254p
Coach Hockles - 1462gp - 556g - 623a - 1179p

I didn't comment on this before but god drat the HHOF class of 2041 would loving own. Two top 10 point getters of all-time, 4th highest d-man point getter of all-time and Hockles, 67th highest point getter of all-time.

• Locked thread