Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's some good poo poo coming out of Gaming Garbage, like that Dontrel thing that i think stars a rapist dolphin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7GiifQndY8

Gaming Garbage posted:

We here at Gaming Garbage are dedicated to relentlessly mocking and showcasing the absolute worst video games in existence (we once attempted to play video games that don't exist, but that ended up being very difficult to record). Since our channel began roughly 191 years ago, we've pumped out over 400 videos and shared countless video game abominations to the world, from Dontrel the Dolphin to Beestmeal.

Unfortunately, we don't earn jack poo poo from doing this, since none of the games we play are even remotely popular (for good reason), and as a result, nobody knows of our channel. Also we're not funny or amusing in any possible way, although that's never stopped the remaining 99% of Youtube creators. We're bringing in a whopping $140 a month in ad revenue, and to be completely honest, it's somewhat disheartening. We'd love to do more videos on a constant basis, but it's difficult to justify dedicating so much time to a videos that generate less revenue than the cost of a McDonald's combo meal.

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

lowtax is doing some p funny videos and they're earning just over a quarter of what Shmorky is earning, so imo we should give him some money and he can use some of it to fix the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

there's some good poo poo coming out of Gaming Garbage, like that Dontrel thing that i think stars a rapist dolphin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7GiifQndY8

[url]https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

lowtax is doing some p funny videos and they're earning just over a quarter of what Shmorky is earning, so imo we should give him some money and he can use some of it to fix the forums

the kids won't get any presents this year

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think lowtax deserves some money for his funny videos. But his supporter tiers are not very good, and I require a good supporter tier for my money. Maybe I'll just watch his videos for free without ad block instead. This is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Counterpoint: Patreon is stupid poo poo for idiots.

If your angle to is to support SA then I suggest just buying things on SA.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

Counterpoint: Patreon is stupid poo poo for idiots.

If your angle to is to support SA then I suggest just buying things on SA.

i bought some spaceships a while ago

haven't seen them yet

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
$86 per month

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Woof Blitzer posted:

$86 per month

And he doesn't deserve a single oenny

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
is there really

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

personally i don't see an issue with pledging $112 to lowtax each month to have him make videos of games, if that's what you want to do

cnut
May 3, 2016

You have behooved me, op.

To wonder over to the Trump thread and lol.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
None of these reward tiers seem to be anything real.

Also, people have paid Shmorky $1500 since January and he hasn't drawn poo poo while still happily accepting their money lol

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

None of these reward tiers seem to be anything real.

Also, people have paid Shmorky $1500 since January and he hasn't drawn poo poo while still happily accepting their money lol

He PMs them drawings of diap klurfs

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Sad!

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016
This cynical 40 year old bastard, the Maddox of bad videogames made by children and the mentally ill - needs our help! Let's support this motherfucker!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Psycho Society posted:

Oh. Ew.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Psycho Society posted:

so, what did you get?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

*supports the patreon and does a very good job in that aspect of the scenario

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Which support tier is it where he promises to show up on the forums for 2 days, says he's going to give a poo poo about us again, and then pick the dumbest mod and give them their own safe space subforum before disappearing again?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Goals

$1488
per month

The Jewish question is finally answered.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Which support tier is it where he promises to show up on the forums for 2 days, says he's going to give a poo poo about us again, and then pick the dumbest mod and give them their own safe space subforum before disappearing again?

I'd be fine with having a few more racially segregated subforums.
Maybe start segregating subforums after sex too?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

since starting this thread, the patreon has gone up to $86 dollars a month! congrats, everybody!

e: i have been informed that it was already on $86 dollars a month.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 24, 2017

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i think lowtax should find a way to play good games in a way that people want to watch instead of bad games in a way that people sort of...
i mean if i was gonna watch someone play a good game it would be lowtax if at all possible as long as he also let the game speak for itself a bit because good games do that really well now

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
alternatively draw those drat ships

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016
Lowtax should hold a charity event with PewDiePie and h3h3 where they all take turns making fun of lovely games that suck rear end MST3K style

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

counterfeitsaint posted:

The poo poo tier.

Oh wait, that describes every tier.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
every episode should start with him about to buckle down and learn how to install xenforo and transition to him getting distracted by video games

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

every episode should start with him about to buckle down and learn how to install xenforo and transition to him getting distracted by video games

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

where are the spaceships lowtax

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

There's zero mention of SA on the patreon so I'm assuming the infinity money tier is the one where he posts on the forums again

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016
Goon project: Let's change the SA forums stylesheet to make it look exactly like Twitter

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm the $488 tier where he promises to be too lazy to email you a jpg

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i really like lowtax and i hope one day he is successful again

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SpaceClown posted:

i really like lowtax and i hope one day he is successful again

Again? Lol.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
86 bucks a month ain't really successful imo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the topic of this thread is shameful

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think it warrants discussion

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i want lowtax to be ok

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
On one hand, the website that has single-handedly provided you with a living wage for almost two decades. One that is one of the few remaining forums of its kind, one whose userbase is overwhelmingly well into adulthood with a ton of disposable income and regularly begs you for attention and avenues of supporting you.

On the other, a YouTube channel that brings in almost no money. A channel about one of the most oversaturated genres of content on the internet, one whose audience is almost overwhelmingly small children with no disposable income and an anemic advertising model that is crumbling to the ground as we speak.

Hmmm....tough choice, but I think the Taxman made the smart choice trying to close the Let's Play barn door ten years after the horses left.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I've given that prick enough money over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
more like goddamn HIGH tax am i right

• Locked thread