Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yep let me donate to this guy maybe then I'll get my bird prize and my spaceship and he will come back to the forums and revitalize them like he's been saying and not just post about pizza on twitter and record himself playing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's time for some McMath!

First, there's four people in the family: Lowtax, his wife, and two kids. We'll be generous and assume that Lowtax brings his oldest daughter with him to McDonald's when he goes. We'll say his wife and the baby come along sometimes but she splits the costs with him when the do, just to make poo poo simpler - plus the baby wouldn't get anything there anyway.

Now let's assume $5 for an adult meal, and $4 for a Happy Meal. I don't go to McDonald's much. We'll say they aren't sizing up, but we can just call it $10 a trip, bare minimum. More if Lowtax grabs Mickey D's for everyone and brings it home or something.

So that's basically a couple times a week.

Wow., these facts really are useless

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

well why not posted:

i like the forums a lot but that yt channel isn't very good.

it's interesting in that it's weird and bad but the badness isn't enough of a hook IMO. people play bad strange games on YT a lot and they have generally better presentation and quality. That's basically half of Polygon's youtube channel does and the difference is astounding.

Put in more effort basically. Be creative and don't rely on 'lol look at how poo poo this is' for the entirety of your content. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyable.

"put more effort in" is the advice lowtax has been ignoring for the last 15 years and yet he's the one driving a fancy sports car, not you.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Maybe he could try doing a YouTube show like Maddox. He gets tons of views and it's funny and enter taining

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Lowtax should make a Gbs thread about his Gameing garbage youthube be thing and let us all get jazzed up about it and let cool Gbs posters come on as guests and in general just interact with this community of people who send him lots of money every week

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wait do lunches cost 12 bucks

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I like watching the game garbage videos but I can't spare any extra change because spent it all on buying cool forum upgrades and sweet SA merch!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
MO beast

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

HoAssHo posted:

I'm scared of the world outside of SA. Where will I go every day when this place is gone?

Facebook group chat with you mom and aunt

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

beep by grandpa posted:

Some woman just said "behooves" in a sentence to me at work today and I laughed at her cause it made me think of this cool thread

Remind her to support lowtax by leaving a sticky note with a link to gaming garbage on it stuck to her desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I think it would be really cool to scrap all of the archived posts off of SA and make a sort of tribute website were they are all really well indexed and searchable by keywords or themes and all the broken images are fixed and you could even have a featured thread of the day.

And then open a brand new forum, pulling all the user names from here, including banned or permed users, and letting people rereg over at the new forum for free. Use the same account verification thing awful yearbook used to use.

• Locked thread