Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think lowtax deserves some money for his funny videos. But his supporter tiers are not very good, and I require a good supporter tier for my money. Maybe I'll just watch his videos for free without ad block instead. This is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SpaceClown posted:

i really like lowtax and i hope one day he is successful again

Again? Lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Mann posted:

OK the YouTube thing didn't work out, literally nobody could have seen that coming aside from all the people who spent years telling me that this would happen. Good thing I have my backup plan, breaking into audio engineering at 50 with no formal training or work history and a portfolio that features a video of me taunting a pedophile by covering my daughter in diapers whilst playing video games.

You sound bothered.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's time for some McMath!

First, there's four people in the family: Lowtax, his wife, and two kids. We'll be generous and assume that Lowtax brings his oldest daughter with him to McDonald's when he goes. We'll say his wife and the baby come along sometimes but she splits the costs with him when the do, just to make poo poo simpler - plus the baby wouldn't get anything there anyway.

Now let's assume $5 for an adult meal, and $4 for a Happy Meal. I don't go to McDonald's much. We'll say they aren't sizing up, but we can just call it $10 a trip, bare minimum. More if Lowtax grabs Mickey D's for everyone and brings it home or something.

So that's basically a couple times a week.

Three kids, actually. And I'm sure lowtax feeds his one-year-old MacRibs, too. Your maths is off.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

lohli posted:

Lowtax you fuckman sell shirts with a grenade logo on them, sell tshirts with :10bux: on them for $10, sell tshirts with multiple :10bux: on them with prices to match.

You know those lovely awareness ribbons for cancer and AIDS and poo poo?

Put a less lovely version of that grenade-ified ribbon on things with something about a dead gay comedy forum awareness campaign or sell a pin/badge with it on there.

Sell tshirts that say "I Survived Shmorky", and make them available only in children's sizes.

Lol. Those are okay ideas.
Seriously, I've seen much less popular video games youtube people sell merch. It doesn't even cost that much to have your design in some online shop, so that they can print it on demand.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

gary oldmans diary posted:

the igooninati is behind xenforo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jZi7OmRsA

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello, goons, it's your boy lowtax here, and today I'm going to review some of my favourite fidget spinners. Let's get to it!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can pitch all those cool ideas to lowtax at his patreon page. Just log in with your facebook account and leave a comment under his introductory post.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol, wait, lowtax is going to have videos only available to his patrons? Please, someone link this thread to him on Twitter. He seriously just doesn't quite understand how this newfangled money for nothing thing works. You upload your content as usual, but maybe patrons have access to videos earlier. Or they're invited to your super secret live streams where you do Q&A and search for new games. You don't just hide all your content behind pay wall. It's still going to be better than just YouTube ads, because I bet lowtax didn't event go through the trouble of joining a network, but it's​ the second worst way to do things if what you do is funny LPs. Why couldn't he ask slowbeef to help him out with this?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've watched every video on lowtax's channel, and let me tell you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No matter what, lowtax will still have a wonderful family, a cosy house, and fun dogs. Does it really matter that he's a bit inept when it comes to new methods of e-begging?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

idk man i mean some of those things need money for upkeep. i would like lowtax to get that money but there have to be better ways

His wife can be the bread-winner. It's the 21st century.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

and this was 2017's first rereg: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=220106

so there have been 923 reregs this year

It means lowtax makes at least ~$22,000 a year on reregs alone.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

yes, there have been no new regs since 2013

Uhm.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
$142 a month.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Reading Lowtax's twitter, I think he begins to understand that his initial approach wasn't exactly well-thought through. He's already cut the price of the tier in half, and promises to adjust as the time goes on.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/867781252874514433

He's going to be fine, imo.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 25, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can we get one of those memes with neon-glowing brains where the first one is making LPs, then watching LPs, then paying to watch LPs, etc, and the last one is sucking your own dick.

You know the one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jonathan's radio show is like I'm listening to the 90s. And I wasn't even there for American nineties, but somehow I just know what they're supposed to feel like. So you can see why lowtax and Jonathan are friends.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

oh it turns out if you donate you get to see the videos early

but you can see them for free eventually

He's got it. I knew he'd get it right.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lowtax should lower the price of poo poo like changing their own or other peoples avatars or adding red text. People will stop and think about spending 10 bux or whatever but make it 1 dollar and people will go nuts.

Just look at mobile games. Monitze everything here at cheap prices. New emotes thst only last a month so megathreads and crews can gently caress around. Word filters, forum banners and backgrounds. MICROTRANSACTIONS, MAN

Once a year, let's say on April 1, this would actually make sense. Otherwise, everything would go to poo poo with such low prices.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Check out those new tiers.

Discord the Explorer
$2.49 or more per month ∙ 4 patrons
You will be cordially invited to our TOP SECRET Discord server, where you can type in words and they appear on screen, or you can say words into a mic and they also appear on screen.

Gaming Garbage Great Guy or Gal
$6.92 or more per month ∙ 11 patrons
Watch the latest videos before all the common gutter trash folks who didn't contribute a single dime! Spoiler critical scenes for them when they are finally able to see the videos, several years later! Also you get the previous crud.

That is actually somewhat reasonable. If you're willing to give someone money to play games, I mean.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Mann posted:

Yeah it's really funny how "I'm leaving this website because my friend got banned from the forums for disagreeing with Lowtax on Twitter about using his daughter to mock a hospitalized pedophile months after they seperated" somehow became "I'm leaving this website because I think pedohilia loving rules! Also I voted for Hillary and hate white people, oogabooga!!!" after like a month of GBS cancer echo chamber.

Another cool single twenty-something video games person with a priceless advice on how to raise children.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I eat at Burger King once a month, so I follow their CEOs online, and whenever they share something personal on twitter, I make sure to provide my take on their personal life, going even as far as questioning their parental choices, and calling them bad, trash parents, Jesus Christ, I hope CPS take their children, what utter disgrace, they just don't think things through, I think I'll create my own diners chain where people can eat their vegan meals in peace.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

alpaca diseases posted:

I'm no parent but I'm finding it hard to believe that a young child would be all "can we mock her about it via LP dad?" in response to a serious discussion about sexual predators

His daughter wanted to show that she could laugh about this, as opposed to having been affected in some negative way by the experience. You know, it's empowering.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 26, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What are bee hooves anyway?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Mann posted:

Accusing people of being an echo chamber while simultaneously spending years methodically calling for them and everyone else you dislike to be banned for offending your sensibilities, only in GBS :ironicat:

You should spend less time on the internet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't know where you've got the idea that slowbeef is 'sjw'. The closest he ever came to it was making fun of gampergromp people. Which is lol if you think an exclusively sjw thing to do. Just lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Subscribed!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Should I also press the bell icon to be notified about new videos?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Putty posted:

I forget does DSP actually know that slowbeef exists cause I think a feud needs two sides to be valid

DSP was the one to reignite the feud, actually. Slowbeef hasn't been following him for years then out of nowhere DSP tweeted something about retsupurae or something like that. And then he masturbated on stream. Slowbeef has an actual job and kids, so playing games or doing YouTube videos is not exactly on top of his priorities.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Genesplicer never existed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He will pay a very low tax on his patreon donations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lowtax is already Rich. Hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CharlestonJew posted:

you should watch the men drinking coffee those guys are funny

I can drink coffee myself. Why would I want to watch someone else drink coffee instead?

• Locked thread