Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
On one hand, the website that has single-handedly provided you with a living wage for almost two decades. One that is one of the few remaining forums of its kind, one whose userbase is overwhelmingly well into adulthood with a ton of disposable income and regularly begs you for attention and avenues of supporting you.

On the other, a YouTube channel that brings in almost no money. A channel about one of the most oversaturated genres of content on the internet, one whose audience is almost overwhelmingly small children with no disposable income and an anemic advertising model that is crumbling to the ground as we speak.

Hmmm....tough choice, but I think the Taxman made the smart choice trying to close the Let's Play barn door ten years after the horses left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
OK the YouTube thing didn't work out, literally nobody could have seen that coming aside from all the people who spent years telling me that this would happen. Good thing I have my backup plan, breaking into audio engineering at 50 with no formal training or work history and a portfolio that features a video of me taunting a pedophile by covering my daughter in diapers whilst playing video games.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Personally I'd love some let's plays from Lowtax involving games I actually know or would be interested in playing or even watching

I mean haha that game made by a 14 year old is very glitchy, heh, well that's 18 seconds of amusement, next

Making fun of these lovely first game attempts just feels like ehh...

There are two dudes in Games who started doing them on a lark in the Awful Steam Games a month ago and they're super entertaining because they're incredibly chill/high the entire time and make good fun jokes instead of being really angry at how bad the game's are and they actually edit their videos down to 15-20 minutes of Good poo poo with actual production values and comic timing and editing, I would totally recommend giving them a watch because they give me a lot of smiles/sensible chuckles each week and it breaks my heart you see two talented and humble dudes working in relative obscurity.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

All I remember is someone said that maybe involving his daughter wasn't a great idea and Lowtax flipped his poo poo.

Yeah it's really funny how "I'm leaving this website because my friend got banned from the forums for disagreeing with Lowtax on Twitter about using his daughter to mock a hospitalized pedophile months after they seperated" somehow became "I'm leaving this website because I think pedohilia loving rules! Also I voted for Hillary and hate white people, oogabooga!!!" after like a month of GBS cancer echo chamber.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hemingway To Go! posted:

welcome to the 2017 internet, forums are obsolete when you can build your own echo chamber where everything you do is justified. block everyone for every difference in opinion no matter how minor. bet her forum's going great.

Accusing people of being an echo chamber while simultaneously spending years methodically calling for them and everyone else you dislike to be banned for offending your sensibilities, only in GBS :ironicat:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Remember when the Rifftrax guys inexplicably did promotional stuff on SA for a year or two, to the point where Lowtax was making comedy sketches that were being shown in movie theaters across the nation during their live shows? That always seems to get lost in the shuffle when people discuss Lowtax's inability to monetize his success, but with the new MST3k revival on Netflix being helmed by a bunch of Nerdist dudes it really makes you wonder what multimedia heights Lowtax could have reached if he expended any effort to network and grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Let's make our own forum, it will be quicker and cheaper than waiting for Lowtax to do it and we can even give him a free account for the few times each year that he gets the urge to post.

• Locked thread