Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's some good poo poo coming out of Gaming Garbage, like that Dontrel thing that i think stars a rapist dolphin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7GiifQndY8

Gaming Garbage posted:

We here at Gaming Garbage are dedicated to relentlessly mocking and showcasing the absolute worst video games in existence (we once attempted to play video games that don't exist, but that ended up being very difficult to record). Since our channel began roughly 191 years ago, we've pumped out over 400 videos and shared countless video game abominations to the world, from Dontrel the Dolphin to Beestmeal.

Unfortunately, we don't earn jack poo poo from doing this, since none of the games we play are even remotely popular (for good reason), and as a result, nobody knows of our channel. Also we're not funny or amusing in any possible way, although that's never stopped the remaining 99% of Youtube creators. We're bringing in a whopping $140 a month in ad revenue, and to be completely honest, it's somewhat disheartening. We'd love to do more videos on a constant basis, but it's difficult to justify dedicating so much time to a videos that generate less revenue than the cost of a McDonald's combo meal.

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

lowtax is doing some p funny videos and they're earning just over a quarter of what Shmorky is earning, so imo we should give him some money and he can use some of it to fix the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

personally i don't see an issue with pledging $112 to lowtax each month to have him make videos of games, if that's what you want to do

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

since starting this thread, the patreon has gone up to $86 dollars a month! congrats, everybody!

e: i have been informed that it was already on $86 dollars a month.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 24, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think it warrants discussion

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bring this up mostly because people tend to assume that fast food is really cheap, but it adds up quickly. Same with food from convenience stores. This is why cities need to address the problem of food deserts in low-income areas.

agreed

Can you tweet the referral link idea to lowtax please. How is he less technologically savvy than Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paladinus posted:

No matter what, lowtax will still have a wonderful family, a cosy house, and fun dogs. Does it really matter that he's a bit inept when it comes to new methods of e-begging?

idk man i mean some of those things need money for upkeep. i would like lowtax to get that money but there have to be better ways

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does he still post in fyad? i thought that was his hangout, a long time ago

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dial-a-Dog posted:

He hasn't posted anywhere in over a month unless you count the podcast announcement

random question, what happens to the forums if anything happens to lowtax?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

inshallah, shmorky will be outdone by lowtax and his new jonathan friend

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh it turns out if you donate you get to see the videos early

but you can see them for free eventually

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

why do so many of the people talking to lowtax on twitter have like furry or mlp avatars

is this a trick question

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i think it's funnier how it somehow became a stillbirth of an offsite with a patreon and extensive rules about trigger warnings

sounds a bit like an lp-focused skullmund tbh

sjwullmund

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I wish the skull boyz came back, make GBS great again

they can't because the mods say they post the wrong way

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

folandi posted:

DGSW turned out to be a canned air huffing lunatic who lived in a van lol

this is exactly the sort of figure I aspire to be

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Disgusting Coward posted:

It is very funny, to me, that Lowtax was a-ok with Shmorky being a drill voiced gender bender in a yarn wig who would freak out if normies saw him. He was cool with child fetishizing blob monster who fetishizes helplessness being around his own tiny helpless girl. One of the adult figures in his daughter's life was a compulsively lying sexually broken scam artist whose every word and action would have a psychiatrist reaching for a revolver. This was okay.

Then the shrieking hillbilly nightmare sack creature got a girlfriend who inconvenienced Lowtax, and that was the thing that made Shmorky become A Bad Person Who Lowtax Hated. Being basically a nightmare made flesh? Fine. Making Lowtax have to get off the couch, put on pants and talk to the police? Too fuckin' far, man.

nice try, shmorky's ex

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lowtax is now on $186 a month, while schmorky is on $308

we're closing the gap! well done, guys!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

haha, look everyone, i've just cum but i didn't cum to the images of the 2d schoolgirl that would be weird

now if you 100% this scene perfectly she breaks down and cries and

i guarantee you will never hear the above on gaming garbage, which is why you should donate your money, to it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and rightly so

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

admittedly, lowtax last posted here over a month ago, and the stickied forum announcement of "xenforo is coming" is coming up to two months old next week, but i still think it's worth supporting the guy to speed these forums enhancements along, and that is why i am glad that the patreon has gone up since i last checked, on friday

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

EnvyJ posted:

Does Genesplicer still exist?

please don't get my hopes up

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Holy poo poo $188 a month, after splitting that with his co-commentator that's like 9 Netflixes a month.

18 years of being a funny internet dude has culminated in this.

on the one hand, a forum with almost 200,000 registered accounts

on the other, twenty four people chipping in change

which horse to back, which horse to back...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Has Lowtax officially linked the patreon page on somethingawful anywhere?

I would not have known about it at all if it weren't for this thread by a thankless goon.

he hasn't, probably because his gaming garbage patreon isn't really anything to do with the forums or somethingawful

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whitest kids are good, in fairness

just not, y'know

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let it mellow posted:

No, last time I checked it's still in the same hosting facility instead of AWS or Azure

lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

Someone post the Lowtax meltdown where he calls people fags and threatens to only post in FYAD.

https://twitter.com/lowtax

done

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

genesplicer's already a mod

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he does care. he's doing merchandise, like people asked for, and you can say what t-shirt you want in a thread at the top of this very forum

• Locked thread