Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

MrMojok posted:

Sorry to double post but I just had to share something.

I'm watching the 1982 Conan with the commentary track, and totally out of the blue, Milius says:

That last bit just came so out of nowhere, I just could not stop laughing. Still can't.

The bits about how the sex scenes with Conan were originally far more X-rated are pretty funny, too.

The witch in the cave was making some very not-sexy faces in the bits of that scene that ended up in the film.

Also, the timing about the commentary was right when Conan tossed the witch into the fire and she exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Pretty much all of the black/dark-skinned people were villains, as well.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Just have opening credits with a dramatic voice-over that says this before going to the short story in the particular episode.

quote:

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. Hither came Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Give zero shits about continuity, because Howard certainly didn't.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yep.

Literally just use the titles of the Howard works as the titles of the episodes.

Season 1, Episode 1, "Red Nails Part 1"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Unzip and Attack posted:

I have not seen that but surely that can't be the case. :wow:

I wouldn't be surprised.

They spend a lot of time talking about how the witch-loving scene was originally X-rated but they had to remove it from the film for both said ratings and because it turned out some cameraman was beating off in the background during one of the shots.

• Locked thread