Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Black Canaan was a pretty racist story. Brief summary....our hero hears about trouble in the Louisiana swamps. He goes there to the little town of Grimesville. There, he finds out that, in the swamp, this conjureman named Saul Stark is using his voodoo powers to incite the blacks to kill all the whites and make Stark the emperor of an all black America, and our hero has to stop them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

So, I'm wincing a little bit at the term "the Faraway". Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it seems like when writers use terms like that, they're trying very hard to tell their readers, "Look, this is a fantasy story." Also, Sebastian seems not to do very much in the story. He visits the Tribal village, they say, "Hey, we've got a Wendigo problem because this guy's kid got killed and he's not dealing well.." Then he meets the kid from the other tribe. Then the Wendigo shows up, is about to kill the other tribe's kid, Sebastian says, "Hey, don't grieve for your dead kid by killing other kids! That's not cool!", and the Wendigo dissolves. So not very much happens in the story. Sebastian doesn't really face any obstacles or trouble in stopping the Wendigo, and he only stops it because the kid from the other tribe happened to show up to get menaced, which let Sebastian appeal to the guy's conscience. I just think the story needs more, but that could just be because the story is so short.

• Locked thread