Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Flikken posted:

It's amazing what years of constant warfare has done to the size of the armies.

IIRC Renly had like 80K, Rob had over 20K Stannis had 10K plus when he went to the wall. I wonder if the Army size shrinking has more to do with the show runners telling GRRM "hey dude you know those numbers are way to big for medieval armies?"than attrition?

They're still pretty loving huge. Like how the gently caress do you feed and supply 150k Dothraki+Horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ah yeah reminded me of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84clpJxe2wY

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Bolow posted:

They're still pretty loving huge. Like how the gently caress do you feed and supply 150k Dothraki+Horses

Horses eat grass. Dothraki eat horses. Bing bong so simple.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They're not going to have to feed a lot of them for long because they're gonna lose a lot in the war.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

If neither Jon nor Dany bite it in season 8, I expect them to keep Jon's heritage on the downlow and legitimize him as a Stark, thus allowing the Targaryen family to keep with their incest marriage tradition while also avoiding the disgust of the population.

Mr. Nice! posted:

My stupid fan dream right now is, jon is azor dany is nissa nisa. They're going to end up in a dragon battle with dany/drogon, jon/rhaegal, and NK/zombie dragon. Dany is gonna get wrecked and personally turned into a white walker with a forehead type touch thing. Jon is going to fight her, stab her, and pull out a flaming longclaw to gently caress up the night king with.

You're almost there, just gotta crazy it up a little more.

Time is a flat circle.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

The 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who according to ancient legend loved a female white walker, fell under her thrall, and ran the Night's Watch as his own ensorcelled army. Eventually defeated by Brandon Stark, the King in the North.

Everything old is new again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, yeah, but that doesn't line up with what we factually saw. The children created the night king to fight man. It may have been the 13th LC though, but I don't think the wall was up yet.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 29, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Night King vs. Night's King.

Pretty sure they're two completely different characters.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

fuckin noob stannis, doesnt he realize cav are -10 to attack and defense in forest?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, yeah, but that doesn't line up with what we factually saw. The children created the night king to fight man. It may have been the 13th LC though, but I don't think the wall was up yet.

The war between the Children of the Forest and the First Men was a long time before the wall went up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

The war between the Children of the Forest and the First Men was a long time before the wall went up.

The subtitles and behind the scenes call him an andal, iirc.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

McNally posted:

Night King vs. Night's King.

Pretty sure they're two completely different characters.

Yeah, "Night King" as a term seems to have originated with the TV series. In the Song of Ice and Fire book series, the Night's King was an insane ranger. The TV Night King would predate him, as the first White Walkers long predate the Night's Watch.

Not sure about him being an Andal, as - at least according to the books - the first war against the White Walkers was thousands of years before Andals came to Westeros.

Martin needs to get these books knocked out before he keels over.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I really doubt it's ever gonna happen now :smith: gently caress has he even got them out of Meereen yet?

e] Did Cersei's Queensguard have that fuckin rad stormtrooper-lookin armour all season or just last episode?

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 29, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, "Night King" as a term seems to have originated with the TV series. In the Song of Ice and Fire book series, the Night's King was an insane ranger. The TV Night King would predate him, as the first White Walkers long predate the Night's Watch.

Not sure about him being an Andal, as - at least according to the books - the first war against the White Walkers was thousands of years before Andals came to Westeros.

Martin needs to get these books knocked out before he keels over.

He's the "great other" in the books.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I really doubt it's ever gonna happen now :smith: gently caress has he even got them out of Meereen yet?

e] Did Cersei's Queensguard have that fuckin rad stormtrooper-lookin armour all season or just last episode?

Ever since she the scene she became Queen.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, the armor changed as soon as she took the throne and started dressing like Venom.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I had a feeling it had, but fuckin zombie mountain just suddenly seemed even huger.

Cersei's evil queen outfit owns too

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
The "wait, what?" moment with Baelish is even better re-watching it. Probably the first time that smarmy oval office's been caught flat-footed in decades.

The Stark girls aren't actually massively retarded, Brandon isn't just a useless creepy rear end in a top hat, Samwell's little shitfit didn't actually gently caress up the Targ lineage exposition. Allah akbar.

And the second Cersei pulled this bullshit altruism card anyone with half a brain had to know she was holding a dagger in the other hand behind her back. She's like the Scorpion from the Scorpion and the Frog fable. The only thing she knows how to do is be a spiteful, backstabbing, conniving twat who overestimates her own intelligence (like Daddy Lannister pointed out).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Euron angle was pretty good though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

Batou has been so fun this season.

Also the soundtrack for this season is up on Amazon Music lots of good stuff to listen to.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Godholio posted:

I'll give you that. Still, I can't wait for Dickless Wonderboy to gently caress him up.

"Look at me! I'm the quirky, crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat new deus ex machina! I can teleport and see across thousands of miles of storming, pitch-black ocean!"

"I just won a fight because Ramsey Bolton basically made me a Ken doll. I'm finally finding my balls... By taking yours."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I'll give you that. Still, I can't wait for Dickless Wonderboy to gently caress him up.

"Look at me! I'm the quirky, crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat new deus ex machina! I can teleport and see across thousands of miles of storming, pitch-black ocean!"

"I just won a fight because Ramsey Bolton basically made me a Ken doll. I'm finally finding my balls... By taking yours."

lmbo if he stitches euron's balls where his own used to be and the lord of light magically attaches them or some poo poo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

lmbo if he stitches euron's balls where his own used to be and the lord of light magically attaches them or some poo poo

You could actually do that in Crusader Kings 2 after the Monks and Mystics DLC.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Where'd this number of 150/200k dothraki come from?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Beats me. For me my sperg point is how both Dothraki and their horses, supply systems and other things can adapt to Westoros with no problems at all. I know I always bring it up...but seriously it's like handwaving Barbarossa logistic and equipment issues.

Still they looked cool as hell...So I'll just need to make peace with it ever getting addressed.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 29, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
pretty certain at some point they mentioned each ship could carry 100 men so they'd need more than 1,000

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I dunno but it's far too high a number. Dany necessarily has less than 8000 unsullied at this point (and probably close to half) and while there are more steppewarriors than dickless ones, its not on the order of 20:1. Probably more 3:1-4:1.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

She's brought basically every Khalasar from Essos on over to Westeros. Khal Drogo's Khalasar was something like 40,000, and she's acquired like 10 more Khalasars after she burned them alive. Even like 40k is still an obscene amount of people and horses to supply.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bolow posted:

She's brought basically every Khalasar from Essos on over to Westeros. Khal Drogo's Khalasar was something like 40,000, and she's acquired like 10 more Khalasars after she burned them alive. Even like 40k is still an obscene amount of people and horses to supply.

Have you seen any Dothraki women in Westeros? You don't know how big Yara's fleet was but I wouldn't be surprised if Dany just took the best Xnumber of warriors from each Khalasar.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They've been pretty adhd about introducing armies just to smash them all again in five minutes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

New emoticon 🤔

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/WsJ6TAA.gifv

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://pizzabottle.com/45255-how-d...xOTZ3ai40bnB4Ng

dead starks

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://m.imgur.com/nVNee5E

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
You think trumps going to press the button the day the last episode comes out along with a simultaneous release of the last book just to gently caress with us?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just read this about a GOT discussion and sounds reasonable

"Bran is the Night King and Jaime is going to kill him. The series began with Jaime literally pushing Bran out of a window and us hating Jaime and rooting for Bran, and will end with Jaime metaphorically pushing Bran out of a window and us hating Bran and rooting for Jaime."

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Where the gently caress does all this "Bran is the Night King" poo poo come from?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like there's a lot of indicators but I don't have any clear examples atm. I suppose the scene with the flashback where he made eye contact with the knight king who then found him or was able to then penetrate their plasma forcefield around the tree idk

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I think the theory is that since we saw Bran warg into young Hodor while visiting the past he might try todo that again. He could warg into that dude before he gets turned into the first walker in an effort to prevent the white walkers from ever existing. This of course backfires and boom bran becomes the first walker.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
like for reals Bran spent a year under that tree and didnt once think to ask the forest kids for their plasma grenade recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh poo poo was it that long

The whole tree/children of the forest bit felt heavily rushed and lacked context, especially for the children having such a big connection to the whole story itself. Presumably the books rambled on quite a bit about it all

But why not go with the cliche of man has enemy creates something to defeat said enemy then needs enemy to help defeat its creation blah blah

• Locked thread