Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Syrio/Bronn spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Godholio posted:

Syrio/Bronn spinoff.

I'd watch this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: at buying 3/4 of a box set.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah idaf how rad looking some of your fav characters are

This dude is my fav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcWBut9mrI

A somewhat minor character? You don't see him die, so would be rad if he came back--very unlikely I'd imagine

The internet nerd theory is that he is Jaqan Haqar/ a faceless man

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I could see that, but I didn't really notice any obvious hints

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sacrist65 posted:

The internet nerd theory is that he is Jaqan Haqar/ a faceless man

Or he got killed by Trant because he had armor and a big loving sword as the hound put it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

odd season

dead starks

place your bets here folks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There's only two left and i bet arya and sansa make it to the end.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
RIP Arya and Sansa

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Which wolf/wolves make it to the end :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Which wolf/wolves make it to the end :ohdear:

Ghost is still alive for sure and Nymeria potentially is. I hope we see Nymeria some day with a pack of puppies.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ghost is still alive for sure and Nymeria potentially is. I hope we see Nymeria some day with a pack of puppies.

IIRC in the books Nymeria sets herself us as the alpha she-wolf and leads a giant fuckoff pack of wolves laying waste to the riverlands.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I remember reading about that, pretty cool. Too bad they're not completely alike, the books and show, which...is that a good thing? 🤔

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

At least we don't have any more giants consuming CGI time so that means more wolves!

gently caress the dragons are going to take it all up and we'll never see ghost again :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

IIRC in the books Nymeria sets herself us as the alpha she-wolf and leads a giant fuckoff pack of wolves laying waste to the riverlands.

Wasn't the reasoning behind this that someone was warging her all across the riverlands? Not even Bran, but wasn't there a theory that Arya was also a warg somehow?

I get confused with the stupid amount of theorycrafting around.

When's this on, btw? 9pm eastern?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya 9 Eastern just checked - 62 minutes

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

poo poo, might end up going to Prescott Valley today. Might not be home by 6.

Whatever, actually leaving the loving apartment instead of nursing my foot could do me some good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wasn't the reasoning behind this that someone was warging her all across the riverlands? Not even Bran, but wasn't there a theory that Arya was also a warg somehow?

I get confused with the stupid amount of theorycrafting around.

When's this on, btw? 9pm eastern?

In the books Arya is a warg as well. She used cats while blind in braavos to see and survive. I'm pretty sure in the books all of the starks have the latent warging power, but they're just not awoke to it yet like Bran is. I'm glad the shows said "that's dumb" and just let bran be special.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
All I care about is when GoT is going to be on the app. Cord cutter problems are first world problems

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

All I care about is when GoT is going to be on the app. Cord cutter problems are first world problems

9PM EST. It goes live on apps, streaming, and everything at the same time.

If this year is anything like previous ones, though, HBO is going to get loving slammed hard and a bunch of people are going to be delayed 10-20 minutes before they can get the server to respond and start playing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

yeah, if you're watching on anything other than the actual cable, you should probably avoid threads that are tviving the episode, every single year so far has seen HBO Go and whatnot users get screwed at the beginning of seasons, highlight episodes, and finales.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Last week tonight always goes up an hour or so after the show so I was getting used to that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Stay out of GBS because the miserable cunts there like to spoil poo poo in thread titles etc

But yeah I remember having issues with HBO trying to stream right when It drops. Best to wait an hour tbh

Still willing to share my HBO now account if y'all without it don't want to bother with janky sources

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How the gently caress are there spoilers?

Wait, leaked poo poo from the show production or something, I'm guessing?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm guessing people scourer the internet for spoilers from anyone that might have seen it earlier? I guess? Plus the leaks of course

I remember last season when she blew up the church or w/e with everyone, the dude jumped out of the window, etc it was in the GBS thread title, amongst other spoilers. That was mostly all unconfirmed leaks that were true I think

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wight supremacy! I hope those loving dragons get mauled by thousands of zombies and walkers and the entirety of westeros is washed into the sea

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually bought Mead to watch this tonight cause I'm a dork and it's my birthday tomorrow.

I can't wait to watch HBO poo poo the bed spectacularly and I'm watching it in slide show format...Well and watch this till the feed fixes itself...Even if out of date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4gEJ_ED98

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hmm any good YouTube compilations to reiterate what already happened cause I saw some episodes from season 1 and I totally forgot a lot of it and other poo poo clicked

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hmm any good YouTube compilations to reiterate what already happened cause I saw some episodes from season 1 and I totally forgot a lot of it and other poo poo clicked

Well Sam Jackson is a good start.

I can't think of any other YT comps. Truthfully just skim a wikia as they are surprisingly well edited and detailed. There are comps of the background history that is on each seasons home video release on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DytL8fXMEaA

I've only watched most of the last few seasons and it's how I've gotten through things... and pestering my wife.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 17, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just hooked up the cable to my TV in preparation for the new season since my apartment complex apparently has HBO.

On analog loving cable. The quality is so lovely, I almost legit laughed out loud.

So I browsed around on my FireTV stick to see if there were any other options to stream, and the stick now somehow simultaneously signed me up for a free 7-day-trial for "HBO on Amazon Channels", and a free 1-month-trial of HBO Now.
I'll be kinda bummed if me cancelling the 7 day trial tomorrow ends up loving up my free month, but whatevs, 40 mins left, let's see how hosed my streaming quality is gonna be.

/edit:
Didn't mean to imply the loving stick went skynet on me, but I went between "other ways to watch", and trying to check out the details of the trial, and suddenly the HBO Now app is downloading, and I get two different confirmations about trials from Amazon and HBO.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Never mind, here we go.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What in the gently caress?

loving lol if this is arya and she pulls this off :lol:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm not having any problems with the site. They must have learned their lesson. Or I'm just on a regional server without the main load

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
How long are we using spoiler bars for

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That is how you kick off a season, holy poo poo

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This loving cameo, I cannot loving stop laughing :lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So should we just say the next page is spoiler zone or?

• Locked thread