Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well there can't be this impending doom if the dudes can't even get through the wall. There's also that horn of winter Sam found, that was immediately brushed over. But I suppose that's just a book thing and it was more-so paying homage to the drat thing existing? Idk

Not gonna lie seeing the zombie giants was a bit spooky. Definitely not as bad as the battle with the white walkers and Snow/wildlings

But yeah he's definitely going to do something outlandish that wins her over and leads to a fair fight, otherwise we wouldn't have a whole split season after this. Just feels a bit shoehorned in

-edit how come Dragonstone was just up and abandoned and no one was just chilling enjoying that huge castle

I don't think bran crossing through the wall is going to allow the walkers through, unless he wargs over and touches the night king again.

The Lannisters leaving Dragonstone abandoned after Stannis went north is pretty stupid. It is a fortress protecting the eastern approaches, and would act as a tripwire for anyone heading to Kings Landing by sea. And if they didn't know it was abandoned that is even stupider they didn't at least send fishermen up there to keep an eye on it.

And if I remember correctly Loras of high garden stormed the gates of dragonstone in the books and got severely wounded so shouldn't there be at least a token Lannister or High Garden force there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mentioned last season that it seemed like bullshit that Euron got his entire loving fleet stolen, and went "lol we'll just rebuild a bigger one", or that Varys and Arya were teleporting between Westeros and Essos like it ain't poo poo.

But keep in mind that they essentially have "one" season left, and are wrapping poo poo up, so I'll give them some leeway in that department, because the one benefit of this is that we're actually getting somewhere, as opposed to under RR Martin's writing.

/edit:
Didn't it take like two full loving books for Arya's philandering in Essos...and she's still blind as of this point?

Now that I think about it, if Stannis had Dragonstone and a fleet from the get go how did anything move by ship into Kings Landing before the battle of Blackwater bay?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Didn't he burn himself back in like season 2, saving Mormont from a wight with fire?

Yeah that was before he was brought back to life by a fire god.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

AkrisD posted:

Just wanted to say, I can't wait to hate Sansa even more when she inevitably betrays everyone. It's totally appropriate that the most worthless character will ruin it for everyone.

When Sansa hears Bran is alive she is going to totally try to make a play to put Bran on the throne of the north instead of Jon.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

nwiniwn posted:

I like how Jon told Sansa not to undermine him in public in the first episode, then she goes and does the same loving thing this episode. For some reason I feel like she's going to gently caress it all up.

Sansa, who had the nerve to say that Ned made mistakes that got him killed while glossing over the fact that SHE TOLD CERSEI!!!

I still say she's going to try and use Bran to make a power play with Little Finger.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Sansa went to Cersei when Ned told her that she and Arya they were going back to Winterfell. She didn't want to be separated from Joffrey.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Oh look, Jon Snow is the rightful ruler of Westeros.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah.

Luckily Sam dueced out before actual facts got uncovered that would mess up plotlines.

Also Sophie Turner looks great but god drat Sansa needs to stay on the 'getting it together' wagon of the rest of the starks.

Hopefully Arya is going to come to her with little fingers games and she's going to have him beheaded for being a snake

Yeah but Sam doesn't know that Jon is the son of Leanna.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

You weren't.

Also when he pulled out the hammer at his blacksmith shop I immediately thought back to when Rob was talking about caving in a dude's breastplate with his hammer.

I can't wait till HBO does the inevitable prequel showing Robert's Rebellion. If for that scene only.

Edit: Also :lol: at Gendry poo poo talking Jon's height in the cave.

"You're slimmer."
"You're shorter."

I was waiting for Gendry to mention "btw I travelled with your little sister for a few years"

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I think he meant the dothraki cut Bronn's horse not the other way around

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

What happened to the 3rd dragon?

This will bother me more than it should.

Also.. Their concept of 7 verses what I understand 7 to be is apparently different because I'm pretty sure like.. 15 dudes got smoked by the army of the dead.

They brought wildlings with them.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

She's going to make another army of the dead to defend kings landing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Madurai posted:

Incest isn't the awkward part--the awkward part is that Jon now outranks Dany for claim to the throne.

Jon doesn't want the throne though, all he would have to do is give up his claim and let Dany have it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

It's amazing what years of constant warfare has done to the size of the armies.

IIRC Renly had like 80K, Rob had over 20K Stannis had 10K plus when he went to the wall. I wonder if the Army size shrinking has more to do with the show runners telling GRRM "hey dude you know those numbers are way to big for medieval armies?"than attrition?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bolow posted:

She's brought basically every Khalasar from Essos on over to Westeros. Khal Drogo's Khalasar was something like 40,000, and she's acquired like 10 more Khalasars after she burned them alive. Even like 40k is still an obscene amount of people and horses to supply.

Have you seen any Dothraki women in Westeros? You don't know how big Yara's fleet was but I wouldn't be surprised if Dany just took the best Xnumber of warriors from each Khalasar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SimonCat posted:

Didn't the Gold Company freeze to death with Stannis? Or were they bought off by the Boltons?

I don't think Stannis got any of the Golden Company, he did borrow some money from the Iron Bank though.

• Locked thread