Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Season 7 is dropping on July 17th. It's gonna be the first of two 7-episode seasons, and the penultimate season in the series.

Dany, her dragons, some shipborne Ironborn and the unwashed masses are heading west to kick some rear end, Jon Snow just had a bunch of folk swear fealty to his Stark-blood, even though he's a Targaryen, Varys, Olenna Tyrell and Whatshername Sand are planning some shenanigans in Dorne, Littlefinger is jonesing for that Stark strange, Sam's becoming a Ma(e)ster of the Citadel, and the whitewalkers are STILL coming (tm), big loving surprise.

Here's a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI

/edit:

Completely forgot Bran's entire plot line.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Are you serious?

:stare:

/edit: I mean, I guess you are, but holy poo poo did they dump the entirety of the Dorne story line ever so quickly in that case.

And that means not just Varys warped back, but he teleported an entire loving army with him.

Not to judge, because RR Martin certainly can't wrap up a story for poo poo, and it's probably for the best that we didn't see anymore of the atrocious sandsnake acting, but goddamn.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 29, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They're not even past the wall after 6 seasons. Some slow loving walkers these are.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

OR IS HE

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Who?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bitch please, them titties I know.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Osha. She played a character named Tonks in Harry Potter apparently and when she seduced Greyjoy, someone made a post saying "Tonks Titties!" and it's stuck with me since.

Gotcha.

New trailer is out, didnt' really pay that much attention to it, but laughed at Bran in a wheelchair, I'm a horrible person obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"You're poo poo at dying" or whatever the Hound said to the guy when he impaled his crotch was a loving monumental moment.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also that sandsnake titty scene in Dorne jail

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RIP Arya and Sansa

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

IIRC in the books Nymeria sets herself us as the alpha she-wolf and leads a giant fuckoff pack of wolves laying waste to the riverlands.

Wasn't the reasoning behind this that someone was warging her all across the riverlands? Not even Bran, but wasn't there a theory that Arya was also a warg somehow?

I get confused with the stupid amount of theorycrafting around.

When's this on, btw? 9pm eastern?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

poo poo, might end up going to Prescott Valley today. Might not be home by 6.

Whatever, actually leaving the loving apartment instead of nursing my foot could do me some good

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

yeah, if you're watching on anything other than the actual cable, you should probably avoid threads that are tviving the episode, every single year so far has seen HBO Go and whatnot users get screwed at the beginning of seasons, highlight episodes, and finales.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How the gently caress are there spoilers?

Wait, leaked poo poo from the show production or something, I'm guessing?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just hooked up the cable to my TV in preparation for the new season since my apartment complex apparently has HBO.

On analog loving cable. The quality is so lovely, I almost legit laughed out loud.

So I browsed around on my FireTV stick to see if there were any other options to stream, and the stick now somehow simultaneously signed me up for a free 7-day-trial for "HBO on Amazon Channels", and a free 1-month-trial of HBO Now.
I'll be kinda bummed if me cancelling the 7 day trial tomorrow ends up loving up my free month, but whatevs, 40 mins left, let's see how hosed my streaming quality is gonna be.

/edit:
Didn't mean to imply the loving stick went skynet on me, but I went between "other ways to watch", and trying to check out the details of the trial, and suddenly the HBO Now app is downloading, and I get two different confirmations about trials from Amazon and HBO.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Never mind, here we go.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What in the gently caress?

loving lol if this is arya and she pulls this off :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That is how you kick off a season, holy poo poo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This loving cameo, I cannot loving stop laughing :lol::lol::lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Not sure why anyone would click a thread discussing the ongoing season unless they've caught up to it.

Regarding season spoilers, I've never really cared either way, I just try to not be a dick to anyone, sooooo...

...don't be a dick about season spoilers, I guess?

Episode-talk: that was cool.

Also, I went "loving lol, they got ed sheeran to dub a lannister soldier just for one loving son...

...oh." :stare:

And then laughed for a solid half minute.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

nwiniwn posted:

So was Samwell talking about the land that the castle that daenerys arrived to is on? Because isn't that castle called dragon stone or something anyways? Just wtf if you wouldn't think dragon glass could come from there.

Well, it wasn't really a secret to anyone living on Dragonstone, or bannermen or whatever. In season 5 or 6, Sam smartasses off about how dragonglass is called obsidian around stannis, and stannis he knows drat well what obsidian is, because they've got a fuckton on dragonstone.
Not sure why the gently caress Sam is only making that connection NOW

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mentioned last season that it seemed like bullshit that Euron got his entire loving fleet stolen, and went "lol we'll just rebuild a bigger one", or that Varys and Arya were teleporting between Westeros and Essos like it ain't poo poo.

But keep in mind that they essentially have "one" season left, and are wrapping poo poo up, so I'll give them some leeway in that department, because the one benefit of this is that we're actually getting somewhere, as opposed to under RR Martin's writing.

/edit:
Didn't it take like two full loving books for Arya's philandering in Essos...and she's still blind as of this point?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 17, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Winds of Winter was announced in 2011 or something like that. Since either 2014 or 2015, he has announced every year that the book would either be release the following year, or the very year he made that statement. In the beginning of 2017, he once again said the book would be released this year. The latest update is that "it's totally already finished, all that's left is editing, but I'm super swamped right now".

That's one loving book of the two (supposedly three, with the last two being one in two volumes) he said were left in the series.

The dude is kicking the bucket inside the next 8 years, and the series will never be finished, end of story.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pesticide20 posted:

Can we talk about how the outfits are increasingly more Yeezy couture?

Yeah.

I'm not okay with that.

Euron should have just waltzed into the throne room in his Ghost in the Shell attire, and popped Cersei in the head with some comically oversized and/or functionally-impossible gun before engaging in shocking romance with Jamie.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ded posted:

I just had the worst thought. Dany is the avatar of the lord of light but does not know it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

AkrisD posted:

Just wanted to say, I can't wait to hate Sansa even more when she inevitably betrays everyone. It's totally appropriate that the most worthless character will ruin it for everyone.

I was already grating my teeth at her having the obvious loving solution at her fingertips at the end of the last season, but deciding to wait till the very last second to ask Littlefinger to bring the knights of the veil into the equation.

And yes, I'm fully aware of her trouble with Littlefinger, it was regurgitated countless times in that season, it was just infuriating after everything considered that she was all "HEED MY ADVICE FOR A loving CHANGE", while holding the keys to change the whole drat game.

I was waiting for a "Just give the Starks a chance to gently caress it up" moment in the first episode, and I figured it was there when Sansa shat on Jon in front of his bannermen, but I'm getting the impression that's exactly what Benioff and whatshisname are trying to portray. So here's to hoping it finally goes a different way this season.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fired up HBONow at 5:50 eastern, new episode was up for selection 4 minutes before the hour, and upon selecting, it went straight to a few brief hype- and "Previously on GoT"-clips, before transitioning into the premiere at 6 eastern sharp.

Excellent quality, not a single glitch, stutter, or drop. Was pretty impressed, especially with what I had previously heard from earlier years. But that was all from HBO Go, so maybe they run off different servers, no idea.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

To be fair the app and web player is still garbage but once you actually get the episode started seems to work just fine

If you should ever have a look at the CuriosityStream app, you'll probably apologize both to the HBO apps, and the word 'garbage'.

/edit:
Thunderstorm over Flagstaff, so I'm fully expecting to get cut off halfway through the episode, because lol infrastructure in northern Arizona

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 24, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm getting a little awkward over here

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bastards don't have any claim whatsoever, so regardless of Jon being a Targaryen or a Stark bastard, Dany's got the claim.

But they should just gently caress, imo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That transition from Sam cutting off Jorah's grayscale to the guy in the Inn digging into his pie was loving hilarious.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

nwiniwn posted:

I like how Jon told Sansa not to undermine him in public in the first episode, then she goes and does the same loving thing this episode. For some reason I feel like she's going to gently caress it all up.

That's kinda the Stark's thing, though. I almost don't roll my eyes at it anymore.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Flikken posted:

Sansa, who had the nerve to say that Ned made mistakes that got him killed while glossing over the fact that SHE TOLD CERSEI!!!

I still say she's going to try and use Bran to make a power play with Little Finger.

Wait, what?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

In the post-episode commentary on HBO Now, Benioff and whatshisname specifically mention the relevance of that scene, and how Arya saying "That's not you" before smiling is a MASSIVE CALLBACK to the first season, where Ned tells her she'll grow up to be a pretty wife of a knight with children and all that good stuff, and she says "That's not me."
So she realizes that as little as she can be domesticated, she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being a domesticated pet or sidekick, because "that's not her".

I mean...I kinda see where they're coming from, but you can basically hear them say "Oh boy, is the audience going to think we're ever so smart when they get this"

It's the GoT version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc01ztrRqyg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

I would fully approve of this.

Also, I forgot to :lol: at their solution to the dragon problem: a ballista! It can put an arrow into a stationary dragon skull from all the way across the room! Good thing dragons don't move around much. I'm sure it work anyway for drama purposes.

Did you not see that Hobbit movie, where a dude pops Smaug with a giant loving lance-arrow while his son is somehow part of the launching device?

Like, get with the loving program, DUH

/edit:

vvv welp, missed the obvious dwarf joke

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 26, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

He's kinda growing on me, to be honest.

The actor too, I think i's the same guy that plays the giant buff dude in Ghost in the Shell. I was surprised to find out it's the same guy, because he looks perfectly average sized in GoT, but I guess that's what happens when you see normal-sized people next to Johansson :shrug:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Maginot line 🤔

I figured the horn of winter in the show was just paying homage to the books

What's the deal with that pic? Did they change something I missed, or is it just the water being iced over?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I still haven't given up hope on the Blackfish coming back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

McNally posted:

If he didn't die on-screen, then he's not dead.

Just like Syrio Forel, Xaro Xhoan Ducksauce, and Stannis Baratheon.

This is what I'm clinging to.

There's some theorycrafting on the return of syrio and how he's Jaquen, and my girlfriend sent me a video a friend of hers was chewing her ear off over, which involves some elaborate theory on how Tyrion is actually going to ride a dragon alongside dany, but I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, because lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress it, here it is.

Turns out tyrion is supposedly a lannister, because REASONS, and him, Jon, and Dana will rule westeros from the backs of dragons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42eSFEE_LHM&feature=youtu.be

it's pretty much Dan Brown reasoning all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, regardless of fleets being conjured out of nowhere, warping around, or their commanders being imbued with plot armor, Euron is doing some glorious acting

• Locked thread