Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Fast forwarding a whole lot, but I'm digging it.

They're telegraphing a little hard that the plan is to neutralize Dany's military advantage entirely in order to keep the suspense, but those were some really cool ways to do it. And the Queen of Thorns is still confirmed to own.

(To be fair, Jaime had all the time to give her a painful death after her confession, but whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I laughed at "DID YOU SEE THE DOTHRAKI OUTSIDE WILLING TO KILL FOR ME?"

Uh, how about the ten thousand unsmiling dickless babykiller mutes with murderlances?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Didn't something similar happen with either the first or second half of one of the previous seasons? I feel like I recall something like that, checking out an episode and going "who the gently caress watches this grainy slideshow just to be ahead of everyone?"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ded posted:

Boy that sure is a deep river shore.

I laughed so hard at that, how loving ridiculous. If you're gonna kill Jamie, kill Jamie, if not, don't go with something that dumb.

Good job burning the food, Dany.

Episode still owned. If fleets, armies and main characters teleporting around and deus ex machina is the price for getting something really cool in every single loving episode, I'm good with that, tbh.

Also, Emo-bran is really off-putting

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

She needs to play some Eve Online to learn about the importance of angular velocity, and related transversal velocity.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Häng on, the children of the forest created the white walkers, but THEN fought them together with the first men? Cave painting excursion had me confused for a second.

Also, the Lannisters were the richest house in westeros for hundreds of years, until the crown borrowed stupid amounts of gold from them, before they, in turn also spent stupid amounts of gold AS the de facto royal family, to the point where they iron bank ludicrous amounts of gold, and then somehow the Tyrells had enough cash in their vaults to pay off the entirety of the crown's debt?

The gently caress?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, between the crown owing the Lannisters a fuckton of money, and Tyrion saying the gold mines of Casterly Rocks had run dry several years ago, and that the Lannisters themselves were heavily in debt to the iron bank, it really seemed to me that they'd been running red numbers for a long while, and the only reason the iron bank never collected was their backing of the crown for power reasons.

Speaking of the iron bank backing someone for power reasons, was it ever brought up by the Lannisters that the iron bank backed Stannis to essentially overthrow them?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Theorycrafting aside, the scene with Arya and Brienne was choreographed and filmed SO MUCH BETTER than that hilarious sandsnake scene in the water gardens. It's still kinda obvious that a lot of the cutting is done to make Arya seem more proficient in combat than the actor is, but it's still leagues above that bumblefuckery in the water gardens.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've been running the first season in the background while unpacking and defrosting the freezer yesterday, and it looks like they put a couple of call-backs into the last episode. When Robert and Ser Barristan talk about their first kills, it was a Tarly that tried to kill Robert, "running at me thinking he could end the rebellion with the thrust of a lance". Same as Jamie trying to kill Dany, but it was a Tarly (It was Dickon, wasn't it?) that saves him.

The same conversation also has the line where Robert says that they never tell you that men poo poo themselves with they die, pretty much the same as Bronn says.

Kinda nifty.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Was Roz the one who came down from winterfell that theon used to bone? I get the hookers mixed up. Why do the pretty ones have to get crossbow bolts into their nethers though

Pretty much everyone used to bone her, I assume. Tyrion as well, at the very least. I recall Theon telling Tyrion to 'ask for Ros, if you like redheads', but I'm almost certain Ros was giving Tyrion some serious head in the scene where we see him the very first time.

Also, I remember TVIV CONSTANTLY bitching about Littlefinger's actor switching accents repeatedly, but I've honestly never noticed. If anything at all, I'd notice that he's emphasizing whatever accent he has in some episode, or when he goes heavy on the gravitas, like in that 'Chaos is a ladder' speech.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

Sunday's episode leaked. An HBO affiliate accidentally uploaded it last night.

Like, proper quality leak, but 'accidental'? :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's 2.2 GB, and pretty good quality, though I'd say anything under 4GB doesn't really qualify as HD for that series.

Had a look at the opening 2 minutes, and I already got a healthy laugh out of it, so I'm probably gonna watch it before going to bed in a bit

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

Is it 1080p?

This is what it says, YANK

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That was a whole lot of shameless edge-of-seat baitery, holy poo poo.

That comedic travelbuddy banter and bickering was loving hilarious.

Also, :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Has Game of Thrones ever gotten an Emmy in the category costume design? Do Emmys in that category even exist?

Game of Thrones needs one.

Also, if I ever find myself magically transported to the parallel universe wherein Game of Thrones is set, I'm gonna be OSHA-ing the poo poo out of everything. Oh, you're riding a dragon? Yeah, we're gonna need a regulation saddle here, with straps that don't inconvenience or constrain the dragon. Those spikes that you're holding on to? Yeah, that's not gonna work, we're gonna need some foam puffles stuck on those so they're no longer an impalement hazard. I could live with bitumen caps. And we're gonna need some PPE, young lady. You're flying through all kinds of nastiness, so I'm gonna need to see some eyepro at the very least, probably even a rebreather, or oxygen apparatus.

We're also gonna need some signal lights and beacons on the dragon's wing tips, head, lower abdomen and tail. It's an air traffic hazard as it is, that won't stand.

Don't even get me started about the wall.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Watching season 5 again.

We get the Sand Snakes (I mean, yeah, dem titties), with one of the most awkward and cringe-worthy introductions, no less, and lose Ser Barristan to a disagreement with the show's producers.

Bleh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Still on episode 6, but yeah, that owns, I guess.

Also, when Tyrion and Jorah sail towards the ruins of Valeria, you can see stone men crouching on the ruins in the distance the entire loving time if you look closely, never noticed that. It's pretty creepy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, the slaver that buys Jorah and Tyrion off the market for the fighting pits is the same guy that comes back to negotiate with Daenerys as part of the ruler-trio in slavers bay?

The guy that Grey Worm doesn't kill, I mean.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Some douchebag spoiled a development in the finale for me

I recall when something similar happened for that time when Tyrion x-bowed daddy on the shitter, and I was initially a little pissed off, but now I'm all :geno: pretty much

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hoping for some decent bloodshed tonight.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, I want a death by giant crossbow thing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamn can't believe I got suckered by Cersei's bullshit. Still somehow underestimated how much of a dumb spitefull rear end in a top hat she is. Hound continues to own everyone.

My continuous reaction to that plot development was basically "bullshit, I can't believe they'd go with something like that, it doesn't fit Cersei at all", but I somehow was still unable to make the most basic connection to her simply being deceptive.

Bolow posted:

Also in just pure conjecture, lets say the Night King wins. Isn't like the entire other half of the world going to be completely ok since they can't swim?

This also somehow never occurred to me until Euron actually asked if they can swim.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Where'd this number of 150/200k dothraki come from?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

German media are stoked that there was now apparently the third German cast on the show for the last season. Dude named Marc Rissmann, who no one ever heard of, is going to play a general in the Golden Company.

That's not what's noteworthy about this.

Noteworthy is the name of his character:

Harry Strickland

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Would still watch that

• Locked thread