Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And that's how Bronn gets ptsd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

suboptimal posted:

That was some motherfucking Westerosi Highway of Death poo poo right there.

The after show clips pretty much confirms this. The show runners figured what that battle would be like if someone had an F-16. In our case, it's a baller loving dragon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The show doesn't have time to burn on creating plausible timelines. We either get the insane pace of this season, or this poo poo started a season ago and they drag their feet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dany needs to develop better aerial tactics. Diving straight onto the spear chucker thing is a lot better than staying right in the sweet spot of deflection for it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like Gilly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Littlefinger put xp in Perception between seasons 6 and 7.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't be the only one who thought the actor playing Gendry was Christian Bale for moment.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea that hammer poo poo loving owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sunday's episode leaked. An HBO affiliate accidentally uploaded it last night.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, proper quality leak, but 'accidental'? :lol:

If it's hd I am watching that poo poo tonight

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is it 1080p?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
TELL ME JERRY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea cool that's what I'm gonna do tonight

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes. Next week is the last.

Episode 6 is real good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
OH BOY THIS IS REAL GOOD

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Goddamn I won't post spoilers but that owned.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
night king set a trap and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. There's some real fuckery going on there. TIC to baller fire dragon CAS owned though. Dragons need to figure out more effective gun run patterns. Can't be falling to anti-air like that in a loiter.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I feel like a lot of justified negativity towards this season is due to the crazy loving pace as they showrunners have to close out the story and we're getting to the point where the twists and turns are all meeting conclusions.

We're just driving towards an ending with no feeling that maybe things are going to shift.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dorne blows

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also where the gently caress is Euron? They're gonna pull some bullshit magical teleporting thing with him. He's been a ghost since episode 3 or whatever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not spoilers really. There's a fan theory that Bran is the Night King

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He looks nothing like the guy they showed getting turned into him, though. Like bran was showed how the night king was made while he was hanging with tree-bird.

Right. But let's not pretend Game Of Thrones has depicted scenes that weren't deceptive.

Anyway. It's fan theory. Who knows

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

Just lol if you think Cersei on seeing the wight will do anything but ask time to 'study' it, hand it to her weird necro Hand and get King's Landing wiped out by the resultant army of undead that he inevitably makes and loses control of.

I mean I would laugh really hard

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

I'm still confused by the distances involved. gendry ran to the castle, a raven got to dragonstone, and dany flew there in the time they had?

The show doesn't care if the distances and times aren't air tight.

They traded off any semblance of grounded timelines to get the plot moving where it needs to go. It's jarring but a minor thing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Am I the only one who is relieved when Jon said he was going to Danerys and in the very next episode yep he's there? I always get worried of something turning into a long drawn out road trip or not happening until the next episode (unless it's at the very end of an episode). Like I was actually very happy with the compression of time in the last episode.

I don't mind it either. With only 7 (8 episodes for those who didn't watch the leak) remaining, there isn't time to waste on characters moving.

The show didn't do itself any favors from drastically changing the speed to which events play out or are built up though.

Edit: Mathed wrong

bloops fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 18, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nope 6 episodes next season.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Part of the problem is season 5 was full of garbage. Like that high school-caliber fight scene between Jamie and the sand snakes.

Basically all of Dorne was garbage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The third one got turned into a white walker dragon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Three heads of the dragon: Night King, Jon, Dany

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It flew off. That one was shown circling.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The eyes of the wolf on Jon's sword handle opened up. It's there. Go look for it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I had no idea Daario was played by a different actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo how?

were you blackout drunk while watching?

The original actor is in for like two episodes.

• Locked thread