Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually bought Mead to watch this tonight cause I'm a dork and it's my birthday tomorrow.

I can't wait to watch HBO poo poo the bed spectacularly and I'm watching it in slide show format...Well and watch this till the feed fixes itself...Even if out of date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4gEJ_ED98

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hmm any good YouTube compilations to reiterate what already happened cause I saw some episodes from season 1 and I totally forgot a lot of it and other poo poo clicked

Well Sam Jackson is a good start.

I can't think of any other YT comps. Truthfully just skim a wikia as they are surprisingly well edited and detailed. There are comps of the background history that is on each seasons home video release on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DytL8fXMEaA

I've only watched most of the last few seasons and it's how I've gotten through things... and pestering my wife.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 17, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't we just not spoil future episodes but once it airs it's fair game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

The scenes in the show are not always contemporaneous with one another. Patches of time happen between people traveling around that they just don't show.

In the books Arya has not yet regained her sight, but certainly will.
Assuming the books are actually finished at some point.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pesticide20 posted:

That moment felt like they realized they blew the CGI budget but they absolutely had to have his come to Jesus moment.

It's also possible he's bullshitting them, hence not seeing anything. I think he saw something, but it's a possibility, albeit an unlikely one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol god I couldn't get over the way that lady was chasing her through the streets a la terminator

Not lying I loved that because I went, oh cool it's The Terminator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBjiX2dbh8

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

His father, assuming it was Prince Rhaegar, was already married to someone else and had two children, so Jon couldn't ever have been anything but a bastard.

Also the lack of inscest propably hurts per Targ S&P

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone think the Dothraki are going to have major issues fighting in Westoros? I mean warm climate and flat terrain fighters...Seems like a recipe for problems. That's even just assuming their horses don't have tons of issues on their own too.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

Does Jon or Danny have the stronger Targaryn claim to the throne? I'd love if somehow Jon to get to the throne room and was all "Hey Aunt, as the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms and Targ bloodline I'll gladly allow you to bend the knee."

Danny is the far more direct one by being the mad kings proper daughter...Or whatever else that hosed up family tree has relationship wise then Jon.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo was good. Loved Dannys theme playing as she landed.

I also love the costume work in putting together her royal "uniform" for this season. It's such a drastic difference from her original outfits.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently the ending is getting some people to start playing Icewind Dale.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

They're the magnificent seven. How many of those dudes made it out?

Depends are we doing Mag 7 or Seven Samurai?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

Yea cool that's what I'm gonna do tonight

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

M_Gargantua posted:

MUST. RESIST

:getin:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

The show doesn't care if the distances and times aren't air tight.

They traded off any semblance of grounded timelines to get the plot moving where it needs to go. It's jarring but a minor thing.

Am I the only one who is relieved when Jon said he was going to Danerys and in the very next episode yep he's there? I always get worried of something turning into a long drawn out road trip or not happening until the next episode (unless it's at the very end of an episode). Like I was actually very happy with the compression of time in the last episode.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long is tonight's episode?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cersei is so goddamn dumb and keeps trying to play 15th dimension chess.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fPqhXZrOE&t=131s

Tywin had her pegged for that poo poo long ago

Exactly what I was thinking about.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

The Euron angle was pretty good though.

Batou has been so fun this season.

Also the soundtrack for this season is up on Amazon Music lots of good stuff to listen to.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

lmbo if he stitches euron's balls where his own used to be and the lord of light magically attaches them or some poo poo

You could actually do that in Crusader Kings 2 after the Monks and Mystics DLC.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where'd this number of 150/200k dothraki come from?

Beats me. For me my sperg point is how both Dothraki and their horses, supply systems and other things can adapt to Westoros with no problems at all. I know I always bring it up...but seriously it's like handwaving Barbarossa logistic and equipment issues.

Still they looked cool as hell...So I'll just need to make peace with it ever getting addressed.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one liked "I heard you wanted boats?"

• Locked thread