Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

if you uh, *ahem* have questions about the new episode, shoot me a PM or post here

I'm going TDY this weekend and I won't have access to a TV for the next month. I'm okay with waiting for the White Walker fight. I can more or less guess how that'll go down.

But I've got to know.

What about the Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger shenanigans? Did that subplot get any airtime or is it all Magnificent Seven? I've been waiting for someone to kill off Littlefinger literally since I read book one all those years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm disappointed that they didn't, frankly. I get that Jon, Cerisi and Dany have plot armor until the end, but the rest of these fuckers need to get put back in play. What happens of Tormund bites the dust? We don't get to see whether or not he convinces Brienne to let him show her how they keep warm north of the wall?

Eh, they're probably gonna kill Arya.

I agree that this season has been kind of toothless, but Arya is probably safe until next season.

I can't find the source, but I recall that in an interview George R. R. Martin said Arya is his wife's favorite character, and she made him promise to let Arya live until the last book. The show has long since outpaced the books, but Arya's probably important enough to the overall plot that the showrunners won't knock her off until Martin does.

But Arya goddamn better kill Littlefinger. Been waiting for him to bite it for more than a decade now.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

If neither Jon nor Dany bite it in season 8, I expect them to keep Jon's heritage on the downlow and legitimize him as a Stark, thus allowing the Targaryen family to keep with their incest marriage tradition while also avoiding the disgust of the population.

Mr. Nice! posted:

My stupid fan dream right now is, jon is azor dany is nissa nisa. They're going to end up in a dragon battle with dany/drogon, jon/rhaegal, and NK/zombie dragon. Dany is gonna get wrecked and personally turned into a white walker with a forehead type touch thing. Jon is going to fight her, stab her, and pull out a flaming longclaw to gently caress up the night king with.

You're almost there, just gotta crazy it up a little more.

Time is a flat circle.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

The 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who according to ancient legend loved a female white walker, fell under her thrall, and ran the Night's Watch as his own ensorcelled army. Eventually defeated by Brandon Stark, the King in the North.

Everything old is new again.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, yeah, but that doesn't line up with what we factually saw. The children created the night king to fight man. It may have been the 13th LC though, but I don't think the wall was up yet.

McNally posted:

Night King vs. Night's King.

Pretty sure they're two completely different characters.

Yeah, "Night King" as a term seems to have originated with the TV series. In the Song of Ice and Fire book series, the Night's King was an insane ranger. The TV Night King would predate him, as the first White Walkers long predate the Night's Watch.

Not sure about him being an Andal, as - at least according to the books - the first war against the White Walkers was thousands of years before Andals came to Westeros.

Martin needs to get these books knocked out before he keels over.

• Locked thread