Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Sergg posted:

Gold company has elephants. Final battle will be between remnants of whoever fucks up the White Walkers and Cersei's mercenaries + allies IMO.

Didn't the Gold Company freeze to death with Stannis? Or were they bought off by the Boltons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Flikken posted:

I don't think Stannis got any of the Golden Company, he did borrow some money from the Iron Bank though.

I thought that's how he got his troops. Sir Davos tells him the Golden Company has never broken a contract, the two of them go borrow money from the Iron Bank, and next thing you know they're North of the Wall with an army.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Godholio posted:

That's how the editing made it look, but he took the loan out to hire his mercenary friend in the Braavos bathhouse. Apparently one of the showrunners confirmed he didn't hire the army.

Also, Cersei sent Euron to go hire and transport them.

The mercenary Sir Davos hired was his pirate buddy. He wouldn't have an army either, he's just shipping. I suppose since they've only mentioned like 2 different mercenary companies in the show, they can't possibly just come up with another one.

• Locked thread