Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That is how you kick off a season, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Like spoiling the rest of this season or just this episode? I'd just use spoiler tags for this episode and not talk about any other episodes maybe?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So was Samwell talking about the land that the castle that daenerys arrived to is on? Because isn't that castle called dragon stone or something anyways? Just wtf if you wouldn't think dragon glass could come from there.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Soylent Pudding posted:

Does Jon or Danny have the stronger Targaryn claim to the throne? I'd love if somehow Jon to get to the throne room and was all "Hey Aunt, as the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms and Targ bloodline I'll gladly allow you to bend the knee."

I remember the flashback episode from last season, but who knows Jon is a Targaryen? Just Bran since he was around for the flashback, or others?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I like how Jon told Sansa not to undermine him in public in the first episode, then she goes and does the same loving thing this episode. For some reason I feel like she's going to gently caress it all up.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In the post-episode commentary on HBO Now, Benioff and whatshisname specifically mention the relevance of that scene, and how Arya saying "That's not you" before smiling is a MASSIVE CALLBACK to the first season, where Ned tells her she'll grow up to be a pretty wife of a knight with children and all that good stuff, and she says "That's not me."
So she realizes that as little as she can be domesticated, she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being a domesticated pet or sidekick, because "that's not her".

I mean...I kinda see where they're coming from, but you can basically hear them say "Oh boy, is the audience going to think we're ever so smart when they get this"

It's the GoT version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc01ztrRqyg

Yeah, without that post-episode commentary, I had no idea wtf arya was talking about. I kinda thought she was saying that it wasn't Nymeria for a bit until I realized that there's only so many dire wolves around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been running the first season in the background while unpacking and defrosting the freezer yesterday, and it looks like they put a couple of call-backs into the last episode. When Robert and Ser Barristan talk about their first kills, it was a Tarly that tried to kill Robert, "running at me thinking he could end the rebellion with the thrust of a lance". Same as Jamie trying to kill Dany, but it was a Tarly (It was Dickon, wasn't it?) that saves him.

The same conversation also has the line where Robert says that they never tell you that men poo poo themselves with they die, pretty much the same as Bronn says.

Kinda nifty.

Yeah there were a few others-some click bait Facebook thing was talking about them.

I guess littlefinger told Varys that chaos is a ladder in season 3, when they were alone, and that's what bran said to Littlefinger in this episode.

• Locked thread