Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Finally caught up through episode 5 of the current season.

I read the books back in 2009, back when it was still nerdy and shameful.

Eight years later, EIGHT GODDAMN YEARS LATER, I finally get to see dragon napalm all over masses of troops.

Also I loved the part where Bronn leans way over in his saddle and chops off the Dothraki horse's leg. That's probably the closest we'll get to the section in book 4 about him lancing a horse in a joust duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Eh? No, the horse joust kill was in book 4.

quote:

It took the rest of the flagon before the queen was finally able to coax the whole sad tale out of Lady Falyse. Once she had, she did not know whether to laugh or rage. “Single combat,” she repeated. Is there no one in the Seven Kingdoms that I can rely upon? Am I the only one in Westeros with a pinch of wits? “You are telling me Ser Balman challenged Bronn to single combat?”
“He said it would be s-s-simple. The lance is a kn-knight’s weapon, he said, and B-Bronn was no true knight. Balman said he would unhorse him and finish him as he lay st-st-stunned.”
Bronn was no knight, that was true. Bronn was a battle-hardened killer. Your cretin of a husband wrote his own death warrant. “A splendid plan. Dare I ask how it went awry?”
“B-Bronn drove his lance through the chest of Balman’s poor h-h-h-horse. Balman, he... his legs were crushed when the beast fell. He screamed so piteously...”
Sellswords have no pity, Cersei might have said. “I asked you to arrange a hunting mishap. An arrow gone astray, a fall from a horse, an angry boar... there are so many ways a man can die in the woods. None of them involving lances.”

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Aw dang it, I just rewatched it and you're right :suicide:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Apparently there's this unconfirmed list of spoilers for season 8 from the book barn ASOIAF thread: http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

There's links to the rest of the episodes near the top of the page there.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The iron bank is in Braavos.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Finally saw the last episode of season 7.

The only thing I'm excited about for the final season is Cleganebowl. That, and having some goddamn closure finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

He has come to Westeros to defend the queen and convert them from wildfire use to propane.

• Locked thread