Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The dorne people are with Dany. You see their ships sailing with her fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are you serious?

:stare:

/edit: I mean, I guess you are, but holy poo poo did they dump the entirety of the Dorne story line ever so quickly in that case.

And that means not just Varys warped back, but he teleported an entire loving army with him.

Not to judge, because RR Martin certainly can't wrap up a story for poo poo, and it's probably for the best that we didn't see anymore of the atrocious sandsnake acting, but goddamn.

the way the hbo guys explained it is there are some big gaps of time that they just skip like dany's army prepping the ships varys sailing back and forth etc in the last couple of episodes. They actually span months worth of time or something like that. The mereen stuff isn't exactly in sync timeline wise with the westeros stuff until the very end.

Like although they jump back and forth, they aren't necessarily contemporaneous events. Or varys is a merman.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's in Qarth at the house of the undying.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:nws:
http://media.agonybooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/06223213/oobies.png

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I didn't expect him to make a return. For some reason it looked like Davos with an eyepatch.

Honestly all I want is Gendry to make an appearance in a trailer.

The end of the last season had the hound meet back up with the brotherhood after the sept he was working on got destroyed/massacred by lemoncloack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvILT4w8mOM

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GoGoGadget posted:

Isn't all of this season non-book content?

Almost all of last season was, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sacrist65 posted:

The internet nerd theory is that he is Jaqan Haqar/ a faceless man

Or he got killed by Trant because he had armor and a big loving sword as the hound put it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There's only two left and i bet arya and sansa make it to the end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Which wolf/wolves make it to the end :ohdear:

Ghost is still alive for sure and Nymeria potentially is. I hope we see Nymeria some day with a pack of puppies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

At least we don't have any more giants consuming CGI time so that means more wolves!

gently caress the dragons are going to take it all up and we'll never see ghost again :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wasn't the reasoning behind this that someone was warging her all across the riverlands? Not even Bran, but wasn't there a theory that Arya was also a warg somehow?

I get confused with the stupid amount of theorycrafting around.

When's this on, btw? 9pm eastern?

In the books Arya is a warg as well. She used cats while blind in braavos to see and survive. I'm pretty sure in the books all of the starks have the latent warging power, but they're just not awoke to it yet like Bran is. I'm glad the shows said "that's dumb" and just let bran be special.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

All I care about is when GoT is going to be on the app. Cord cutter problems are first world problems

9PM EST. It goes live on apps, streaming, and everything at the same time.

If this year is anything like previous ones, though, HBO is going to get loving slammed hard and a bunch of people are going to be delayed 10-20 minutes before they can get the server to respond and start playing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mentioned last season that it seemed like bullshit that Euron got his entire loving fleet stolen, and went "lol we'll just rebuild a bigger one", or that Varys and Arya were teleporting between Westeros and Essos like it ain't poo poo.

But keep in mind that they essentially have "one" season left, and are wrapping poo poo up, so I'll give them some leeway in that department, because the one benefit of this is that we're actually getting somewhere, as opposed to under RR Martin's writing.

/edit:
Didn't it take like two full loving books for Arya's philandering in Essos...and she's still blind as of this point?

The scenes in the show are not always contemporaneous with one another. Patches of time happen between people traveling around that they just don't show.

In the books Arya has not yet regained her sight, but certainly will.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Assuming the books are actually finished at some point.

They won't be. GRRM never gave a gently caress about GoT and only did it to cash out. Since he has already cashed out via HBO, he is out of fucks to give.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The series is finishing, though. He gave the end of the story and the major plot beats to HBO and they've filled in the gaps and trimmed the fat. The GoT ending is the ending to ASOIAF and book nerds will just have to deal with it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's what the hound was really seeing in the flames.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When i saw zombie giants i was like gently caress yeah but then that means no direwolves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

Can we talk about how the outfits are increasingly more Yeezy couture?

It's winter. They can't roll around in summer attire anymore.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

But he's still a bastard though, so his name wouldn't change.

Well, he's not a northern bastard, so his name would be different. Also he wasn't intended to be a bastard and would have been trueborn to his dad, so I don't think it really matters he's a dragon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm an idiot and don't know poo poo. You're right on the bastard name, but I'm pretty sure the targs were down with bigamy as well as incest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There was a celebrity appearance?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had no idea who Ed Shereen was before now.

Did everyone get so up in arms that Preston Jacobs or whatever the youtube GoT conspiracy theorist's name is got a finger up his bum and an axe in his head courtesy of the hound?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So no issue streaming the new episode when it drops? I usually wait because last year it was horrendous for the first hour if not two.

Started mine at 8:59 last time without issue.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nwiniwn posted:

I remember the flashback episode from last season, but who knows Jon is a Targaryen? Just Bran since he was around for the flashback, or others?

Howland Reed has never been shown and he knows. Outside of that, just whomever Bran has told.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrio is absolutely dead because otherwise Meran Trant would have been. Likewise, the blackfish is dead as was acknowledged in the convo with Jamie and Walder.
Further if you think for a moment brienne didn't drat near chop down the tree Stannis was leaning on when she lopped off his head you're out of your mind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, Tyrion isn't a secret targ. If anything he's the only true lannister and jamie/cersei are actually targspawn and jaime is the third head of the dragon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'll agree with everything but the latter

You think Brienne had a change of heart and let stannis go after he killed the only man she ever loved with blood magic?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First four episodes of season 5 leaked iirc.

I watched it. Quality is less than great but the episode is loving amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

Its this...

Also dragon fire sometimes turns men and armor to ash, sometimes just sets them on fire.

I think that's more direct hits vs being nearby.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Meera kindof explains it. Brandon Stark stopped existing in bloodraven's cave up north. Now he is essentially bombarded with everyone's past all at once anytime he encounters them.

And he wasn't saying that he wasn't a stark, but rather that he's not Lord Stark and cannot be. He's not reincarnated, but he's basically westeros wikipedia now

Littlefinger was just trying to get on Bran's good side because he's trying to worm his way into the stark's affections. He wants to bang sansa and take over everything and 100% of actions are moves towards that end. I enjoyed bran spooking the gently caress out of Baelish with the "chaos is a ladder" callback. Likewise I liked Sansa's reaction when Bran confirmed that Arya is a serial murderer.

Bran giving the dagger to arya is multifaceted. First, it's part of the general callback motif of this episode and this season in general. Almost every single scene had multiple callbacks to previous things. In this case, Arya is getting a weapon from her brother like when Jon gave her Needle. Plus it's a tool to move chekovs icezombie killer into the hands of someone who could use the weapon in the war to come.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The children created the white walkers to fight off man originally, but they were beyond the children's control so they ended up teaming with man to fight back.

Also the crown had been making payments on the debt it isn't like they had defaulted at any point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrio isnt a faceless man or alive otherwise Trent would have been dead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah. Syrio taught her some basic stuff, but you can't say she was even close to being a real fighter when she left him. The faceless men were the ones that really taught her combat and turned her into a killer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

The faceless men taught her how to use a stick with both hands. Everything she did with Needle against Brienne was water-dancer stuff. Edit: I wonder if Syrio's face was on the wall in the background at some point as a clue.

Syrio didn't teach her poo poo about how to use a knife nor was he able to instill in her the durability to take a kick from brienne to the chest. Although we only saw her fighting with a stick in the house of b&w and when she was on the street, it's pretty safe to assume there was a lot more training that went on. Syrio taught her basic swordplay, but she learned to fight from the faceless men.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrio and knifeplay isn't. He never taught her anything about that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Arya also tries to swordfight a bunch of people before she goes to braavos and is never shown as being anything more than a useless kid with a sword.

Exactly. Syrio was basically a pop-warner coach. You learn some basics and fundamentals, but you really don't learn football till you get to higher levels.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

Was Roz the one who came down from winterfell that theon used to bone? I get the hookers mixed up. Why do the pretty ones have to get crossbow bolts into their nethers though

Yes she was. I believe she was a show only character but could be wrong.

Godholio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRS8a8HjqFs

I had to go back and find it after that episode. It was clearly a meaningful statement, but I didn't remember the original speech. I was too distracted by Roz being crossbowed.

Everyone was wondering why I got all excited and I had to pause and remind them that baelish said it way back when. Bran's been dropping poo poo like that on people since he got back to winterfell.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

My girlfriend and I said the same thing when he showed up

Edit: The Hound telling the religious dude to shut the gently caress up is probably my favorite moment of the episode. That and Tormund asking after Brienne.

I was a big fan of Gendry smashing up two crooked goldcloaks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's only 7 episodes this season, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Two Finger posted:

Honestly best part of that episode was NIght King just casually getting back on his horse after wasting a dragon with a spear as though to say "My work here is done."

And I guess we know now how they get over the wall

well, how he gets over the wall anyways, unless they have the dragon fly back and forth ferrying them over.

• Locked thread