Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

well at least we know who rides the third dragon now. guess jon will ride his the dragon named after his dad. also fitting that viserion is the one to bite it considering his namesake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

Also where the gently caress is Euron? They're gonna pull some bullshit magical teleporting thing with him. He's been a ghost since episode 3 or whatever.

Probably off raping yara.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nuclear Tourist posted:

The Night King isn't going to use the dragon to fly over the wall. He's going to use the dragon to melt the wall. :ssh:

Edit, looks like I was beaten to it

can ice zombie dragons breathe fire? I think that wouldn't work since fire is one of the ice zombie's only weaknesses.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

Not spoilers really. There's a fan theory that Bran is the Night King

He looks nothing like the guy they showed getting turned into him, though. Like bran was showed how the night king was made while he was hanging with tree-bird.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i was really impressed with the dragons reacting to visereon getting iced. Like those were screams of a sentient being that just lost it's brother.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't think we have to spoiler things anymore but nice way to wrap things up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There was a night's watch brother or two out there with them as well that ate it.

Also hound/mountain - mountain is older brother and smashed hounds face into a fire as children because he was playing with his toy while their father looked on and laughed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What was the emphasis on Tyrion outside the room? Did he know they were siblings? Littlefinger knew right?

They're not siblings. She's his aunt. Tyrion is upset someone is plowing the woman he loves. He's friendzoned like jorah and hurt about it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Oh right

That's what I thought but I didn't think of her entourage he loved her too

I think that's what they were trying to show, anyways. He's quite fond of her.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My stupid fan dream right now is, jon is azor dany is nissa nisa. They're going to end up in a dragon battle with dany/drogon, jon/rhaegal, and NK/zombie dragon. Dany is gonna get wrecked and personally turned into a white walker with a forehead type touch thing. Jon is going to fight her, stab her, and pull out a flaming longclaw to gently caress up the night king with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jon isn't gonna die. They've already talked about a spinoff with him. He's the only person guaranteed to survive, imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also there used to be a land bridge between west and east that i'm sure a prolonged winter would reveal again or it might just freeze over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wanna see him stab her in the back while she yells "burn them all"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He finally did something heroic and faced cersei down one on one. That means he should get the girl, not jon boy that got her dragon killed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They were all about everything being a flashback this season and Tyrion has the same expression Jorah did the first time he found out she was loving Daario.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

So the mercenaries Cersei hired number 20,000 right? Why is this treated as this massive game changer when the Dany has like 200k easily without even factoring in the North?

Dany started with 8000 unsullied. The battle of the bastards was fought with around 10k men before the knights of the vale showed up. There have been a lot of deaths and not a whole lot of replenishment all the way around. Mance had gathered up a couple hundred thousand wildlings and now only a few thousand live south of the wall.

All of the armies of westeros right now combined are heavily outnumbered by the aotd and whatever numbers of either side left over will have a tough fight against rested lannister/golden company forces.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They're not going to have to feed a lot of them for long because they're gonna lose a lot in the war.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, yeah, but that doesn't line up with what we factually saw. The children created the night king to fight man. It may have been the 13th LC though, but I don't think the wall was up yet.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 29, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

The war between the Children of the Forest and the First Men was a long time before the wall went up.

The subtitles and behind the scenes call him an andal, iirc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, "Night King" as a term seems to have originated with the TV series. In the Song of Ice and Fire book series, the Night's King was an insane ranger. The TV Night King would predate him, as the first White Walkers long predate the Night's Watch.

Not sure about him being an Andal, as - at least according to the books - the first war against the White Walkers was thousands of years before Andals came to Westeros.

Martin needs to get these books knocked out before he keels over.

He's the "great other" in the books.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where'd this number of 150/200k dothraki come from?

I dunno but it's far too high a number. Dany necessarily has less than 8000 unsullied at this point (and probably close to half) and while there are more steppewarriors than dickless ones, its not on the order of 20:1. Probably more 3:1-4:1.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bran being the night's king (another brandon stark) and bran the builder make a little bit of sense in book world. Bran being the Night King aka The Great Other makes zero sense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slim Pickens posted:

I never really noticed the mountain changing actors that much because he showed up so rarely. It was pretty jarring when Dany's bodyguard/gently caress buddy(Daario Naharis) changed from a blonde neanderthal to the brown-haired bearded dude.

He had to go fight deadpool.

The only problem with thor as the mountain is he looked so much younger than his younger brother the hound, but that's not a problem anymore now that he's zombie mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

My fave Mountain was when he ragequit the tourney and fuckin cut his horses head off :stare: That dude had some rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnFPp2mFoc

• Locked thread