Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He got torched so I'd concur

Edit wait wasn't he the guy who gave up a 99 yard td

No that was Collins/Branch.

Kazee gonna ball!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Which of the Rookies have impressed or disappointed most in pre season so far?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Sad King Billy posted:

I've been watching a few offensive guys for fantasy.

Good: Golladay, Mixon, Cook

Bad: Perrine

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Sad King Billy posted:

It's obviously way too early to tell, but Kenny Golladay has been making some great strides and could easily grow into the Lions' #1 receiver within a few years. Jarrad Davis is also looking good, and will probably end up being a massive upgrade for the defense. For the Lions, the only disappointment so far is arguably Michael Roberts, as he's been having some issues with drops and fumbles in camp and a TE that can't catch is literally the last thing there Lions need right now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye have had ridiculous camps and will both start from day 1.

They're also playing against trash QBs, trash WRs, and trash TEs so despite almost zero professional experience they're still far better than their competition.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Both Tre White and Zay Jones have been getting fairly glowing coverage among Bills beat writers. Both will be the #1 of their respective position groups because of the Bills good rear end trades.

fsif fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 17, 2017

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sad King Billy posted:

Malik McDowell has been fairly invisible for some reason.

Real answer for the Hawks is that the 7th rounder Chris Carson looks great and may end up making Eddie Lacy redundant. Of course, preseason lol.

Any Bucs goons have a read on how OJ Howard has been? He looked like a monster, that offense will be fun as hell if he performs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

shirts and skins posted:

Any Bucs goons have a read on how OJ Howard has been? He looked like a monster, that offense will be fun as hell if he performs.

He's been solid. The star has been Chris Godwin for the Bucs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I really don't think Cam is going to take advantage of CMC but the kid is basically never going to be covered

https://twitter.com/RRiotReport/status/898194795407003649

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sooo... Hackenberg has been out-repping McCown with the 1s for the past week or so. :itshappening:

quote:

Christian Hackenberg gets the first QB reps in what is a game plan-oriented practice (game on Saturday). Interesting.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the jets just became must-see tv

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

I really don't think Cam is going to take advantage of CMC but the kid is basically never going to be covered

Are the safeties and corners going to be standing around watching in real games? Asking for a friend.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

corn on the cop posted:

I watched their first preseason game and Hackenberg looked acceptable because they were just scheming a dude open within 5 yards of him and he's okay at that

v excited to see him against an actual defense

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

corn on the cop posted:

Old Jets: OH GOD WHY BUTTFUMBLE WHY
New Jets: Hold my beer

e: Can you simultaneously run into an rear end and throw a pick? Is that biomechancially possible?

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 17, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Are the safeties and corners going to be standing around watching in real games? Asking for a friend.

In Atlanta they'll probably all be suspended for PEDs

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Sad King Billy posted:

TJ Watt had 6 QB pressures, 2 sacks, a batted pass, a TFL, and chased a play down from behind 20 yards in his debut for the Steelers vs the Giants

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

In Atlanta they'll probably all be suspended for PEDs

Jalen had PTSD from the 4th Quarter

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Like every video he does he does that kinda half turn back to the Los and than run around them thing and I hope he doesn't do that in a real game cause lol this isn't college. Someone from the middle of the field is going to clean him up

E: the lb also had him if he could shoot a tackle or go for the legs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm not worried at all about the Cam Cmac connection. I think it's going to work pretty well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ok im done death matching in overwatch as lucio

what happened on the first drive

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

oh hey this isnt the GDT

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waroduce posted:

Like every video he does he does that kinda half turn back to the Los and than run around them thing and I hope he doesn't do that in a real game cause lol this isn't college. Someone from the middle of the field is going to clean him up

Wanna see Kam Chancellor hit him when he tries that move mmm mmmmmmmm

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Wanna see Kam Chancellor hit him when he tries that move mmm mmmmmmmm

Kam seemed a little fragile last year, McCaffery might literally break his ankles.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Xavien Howard INT :hellyeah:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seattle doesnt exactly have a great defensive record against Carolina when they have their offensive compliment.

Kelvin poo poo all over their defensive backs as a rookie and Olsen pretty much owns their entire back 7.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That's weird what was the score last year

Anyways, excited for you to trade Kelvin's 50 extra pounds for Steve Smith so you can get your full offensive complement back

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol remember when Rivera benched cam for the first series because of his wardrobe

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Wasn't there a pick 6 in that series too?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Juggernaut posted:

Wasn't there a pick 6 in that series too?

Of course!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/898338816255078400

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Someone tell ehud that this is still not the game day thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Someone tell ehud that this is still not the game day thread

lol I was super out of it last night

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

lol I was super out of it last night

you're too swole, bro, gotta ease up on the hgh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Supposedly Tim Williams has been embarrassing Ravens o-linemen in every practice but that just means he's clowned a bunch of nobodies who just got off the bus. Bowzer and Humphery have been present, nothing good or bad. The big news all training camp for Baltimore, outside of everyone dying, was that it was finally coming together for Breshad Perriman and he was looking like a real #1 WR. Since he's been injured for all of the preseason no one can actually confirm or deny that Perriman isn't in fact a shared hallucination.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Supposedly Tim Williams has been embarrassing Ravens o-linemen in every practice but that just means he's clowned a bunch of nobodies who just got off the bus. Bowzer and Humphery have been present, nothing good or bad. The big news all training camp for Baltimore, outside of everyone dying, was that it was finally coming together for Breshad Perriman and he was looking like a real #1 WR. Since he's been injured for all of the preseason no one can actually confirm or deny that Perriman isn't in fact a shared hallucination.

But we resigned Zuttah so all is well :grin:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Waroduce posted:

Hopefully he's being coached to continue to the sideline and turn up after making the catch, and remind him that the LB there isn't allowed to go for the legs or put his shoulder into him when the ball arrives.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

Hopefully he's being coached to continue to the sideline and turn up after making the catch, and remind him that the LB there isn't allowed to go for the legs or put his shoulder into him when the ball arrives.

I still remember that story Ray Rice told about trying to dance around a tackle like that in practice and Ray Lewis just lit him up outside of the practice rules and decleated him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

He looks a lot more decisive in the last two games. Against the titans he just keyed his blocks and accelerated. He looks good. I think he's probably good for one stupid play at least in his rookie year but it's probably as much him knowing hes not going to get lit up so he can gently caress around a little more as anything else in shells.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I never get to watch preseason games because I live in Toronto. Did McCaffrey look as good as his stat line yesterday? If he is even half as good as the hype, then we hit another home run in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Slowpoke! posted:

I never get to watch preseason games because I live in Toronto. Did McCaffrey look as good as his stat line yesterday? If he is even half as good as the hype, then we hit another home run in the draft.

DAZN.com is amazing and incredible.

• Locked thread