Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Being no 1 QB on the browns is surely a low bar right?

I mean, higher than the Jets at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

In this city, yes

San Diego State is probably less maddening to follow and more fun to go to games to watch anyway. Assuming they have somewhere to play in the city.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mahomes is tearing it up in camp, maybe he starts later this season

...and Alex Smith supposedly looks perfect from what I'm reading. So yeah.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

I hope the jags never win more than 5 games for the next 30 years for this complaint alone

He's done this twice recently, I assume he knows what he's doing and it's all very funny to him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

MLB Status? :It is a mystery:

It's what stopped you from staying in Oakland isn't it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Joey Bosa has a dislocated finger

I'm definitely not a put em in skirts guy but this seems barely worth reporting unless it's dislocated enough to fall off.

And after googling he's been playing with it since last October, so yeah.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Joe mixon cuts like a loving madman. His burst is ridiculous and you absolutely notice it. If the line can block he's gonna have a monster year.

Some of the draft thread guys disagreed with me but I thought he was super and worth a mid to late first round pick based on talent alone (as in if you were to ignore everything else Joe Mixon). Just every time he was on the field at OU you were like "Oh...so that's why Bob Stoops didn't get rid of him."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm honestly more annoyed at myself for writing 'he was super' than the burn. I think I meant to write he was super talented and then decided I didn't want to use talent twice in a sentence.

...the construction of a post.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

And as for Larry Johnson, he was interviewed back in the spring and it seems like he finally turned his life around so good for him.

Good for him but gently caress him anyway.

I'm still bitter that I defended him after Dick Vermeil put out that "time to take the diapers off" quote in the press and then Johnson went on to be the biggest most immature baby of all time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Sorry I want to come to the 2017 NFL OTA / Training Camp thread for news...

The Ravens are all dying seems to be the biggest news so far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

So were the 49ers. Strangely enough, the same amount of quality football was practiced today as yesterday.

I could easily look this up but it'll be funnier to ask.

Who are the 49ers quarterbacks this year again?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

Not Blaine Gabbert, backed up by also not Blaine Gabbert, with third round pick not Blaine Gabbert and UDFA not Blaine Gabbert fighting for the third spot.

Too late, I got tired of waiting and looked it up. Brian Hoyer and three guys who are actually worse than Blaine Gabbert.

I can't believe CJ Beathard even got a look, let alone was drafted in the third.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waroduce posted:

e: I enjoy that Andy Dalton is still the metric for mediocrer starting Quarterback in his seventh year in the league lmao

Please, he's no Alex Smith.

Although I guess Alex was just bad for a while before he became the go to mediocre starter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He signed with CBS to be a commentator like 2 days ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

...why? For what possible reason?

I guess the purpose of the drill is trying to high-point the ball but...well you don't play football with volleyballs.

e: Well now that I watch the guys in the background it's not even that. They're just tracking a volleyball and picking it up/catching it I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 3, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's not even a particularly good double move.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs are a Tyreek or Kelce injury away from being a 6-10 team

Tyreek is built more solidly than I originally thought when I read his height/weight, but yeah I worry about that little guy getting crushed and breaking everything eventually.

To save Raiders fans the joke: "like the women of KC worry about themselves."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spiller ought to be faster than him to be fair but yeah, that's not encouraging at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Then again you're part of the fanbase who thinks Bruce Gradkowski was an above average starter, so making snap judgements is probably your thing

The near universal Bruce Gradkowski love in the Raiders fanbase is the most damning thing about the last years of Al Davis.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shangri-Law School posted:

We can all point to busts with good football names, but who's the best player with a bad football name?

Dick Butkus? I don't know if that's objectively a bad name or not, a completely cruel name to give a child though.

Just glancing down the hall of fame members and these strike me as bad but we all have different opinions.

Herb Adderly
Curley Culp
Weeb Ewbank
Tom Fears
Pete Henry
Clark Hinkle
Elroy Hirsch (although he's completely saved by the nickname Crazylegs)
Ollie Matson
Pete Pihos
Arnie Weinmeister

Christ I only know who like 3 of these people are.

First thing that popped into my head too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

If the Jets ran Hack out there all season like he was rookie Peyton Manning, he'd probably crack 25 guaranteed and most likely 30 no problem.

I think it's possible Hack might have a form of ball security in that he's just so inaccurate that defenders just have to be lucky that they're in the right spot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Brian Hoyer as Brown's starter 10-6
Holcomb 4-8

Remember that one year where Derek Anderson of all people looked like he was going to be good?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Still the second worst quarterback draft pick in the last few years so they have that going for them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, the Chiefs signed Sam Ficken with Cairo Santos being banged up.

I remember Penn State fans first hating and then ironically loving that guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/897241186750144515

Good D, Good D.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Does he DO THAT ALL THE TIME or is it reserved for TERRIBLE injuries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

His central argument seems to be that we signed Anquan Boldin. By that logic, the Jets aren't tanking because they signed Josh McCown.

I mean, Anquan Boldin was once a good player at least?

I believe he has a point that the Bills aren't tanking as much as the Jets are, but that's stepping over a bar that's buried in the ground.

• Locked thread