Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Honk Honk Honk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Apparently we have a ton of great places to eat in Pittsburgh, unfortunately my wife has Celiacs so we don't get out to most of them. Having said that, There's a place in the strip district called Gaucho that makes some unbelievably good food, and it is pretty reasonably priced; if your in Pittsburgh and have the chance, I'd suggest eating there. At least for lunch anyway, no idea what they do for dinner.

Also I'm a homer, so I think the pens are going to repeat, but Rinne is absolutely terrifying. Well that and PK skate stomping a few more penguins during the series.

E: it dawns on me, I'm probably eating jalapeņo cheez-its for dinner, so my food recommendations may be suspect.

Oswald Kesselpot fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 27, 2017

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
25 years ago tonight, game 1 of the '92 SCF, the Pens mounted a tremendous comeback against Chicago. From Being down 4-1 about half way through the second period to Super Mario scoring the game winner on a fantastic set play from a face off with 12 or so seconds left in regulation.

Greatest game in penguins history IMO.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Duckman2008 posted:

It's ok they don't have any living defenseman.
Jultz and Daley are both back, so at the very least the Pens can move the puck a bit. Matta it's bit of a wildcard but will probably play good enough, and Dumpling has been pretty solid. Cole is adequate, and Hainsey will hopefully not play much? All in all, not a top tier defense, but quite possibly enough to match up with the just as broken Nashville offense.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Loqieu posted:

37 minutes between shots is a winning strategy all NHL teams will now copy.
Oh fantastic. Guy Bucher is going to add this to his trap.

Captain Internet posted:

Hey, do yourselves a favor if you are a Pens fan. Do not YouTube PK Subban and watch all the amazing sick children surprises and just pure loving absolute classy poo poo he has done non-stop since he came into the league. Like, oh my loving god do not fall into that rabbit hole. I know he was charitable and great but god drat.

Like, Sid does some pretty great, selfless things and maybe doesn't promote it or whatever but Subban is on another level. Dude just loves people.
If I am remembering correctly, the ESPN 30 for 30 (or whatever it was) showed him pledging $10,000,000 of his wn cash to that hospital. He seems like a great dude, but he still stomped Steal; whether it was intentional or not (I doubt he meant to do what he did) I am going to harbor a little hatred for St. Subban regardless.
This man now has a well earned (and expensive) nickname for life. Any new friends he might make are are going to think he was trying to date Manti T'eo though.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

geeves posted:

This whole thing is utterly amazing. I mean how can anyone be mad at this guy?

Ban him from the Arena, Give him a $200 fine for catfish buggery or whatever, and let the nashville radio station pay it. The let it drop off his record in like a year or so as long as he isn't caught smuggling catfish around the vicinity again. Why go any further than that?

I personally wouldn't mind this dude throwing catfish every game, since apparently he picks the worst times to do it. Last night it was on a penguins icing, IIRC, with Crosby on the ice.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

bewbies posted:

this is the loving discourse we get for the finals matchup this year. catfish and some fat guy next to the cup, from last year.

anyone remember when there used to be things like body-checks and great goals and great saves?
I remember. But then Monday happened.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Flyinglemur posted:

I can also skate backwards and have even scored an actual goal in a game with NHL Alumni on the ice with me and I approve this message. I apologize for participating in Khakigate.
I also can skate backwards (or could at one point in my life anyway), and I once skated with Phil Borque back when he was a player for the pens. Ok that's probably a stretch; he was skating with some mighty might team and we were renting the ice after them to play bad scrub hockey, and he was still on the ice when we got on.

I am bad playoff poster, but I have determined that watching SAS vs baggy pants Philly guy is kinda like watching Geno vs PK.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe someone'll throw 3/4ths of a primanti bros sandwich on the ice in Nashville to even the score
Eh. Nothing wrong with Primani's, nothing at all, but Let's get out of the habit of potato and cabbage based sandwiches representing Pittsburgh, and start throwing foods from other places, likeFatheads. I'm guessing that The south side slopes headwhich would travel a pretty good distance, and it's loving delicious too.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

bizarre deformity posted:

How many catfish are we gonna see on the ice tomorrow night? I'm gonna guess a dozen.

Whole catfish are selling like crazy in Nashville

I'm going to guess a total of 2 delay of game penalties worth of catfish.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Xtanstic posted:

The Pens have a horn guy

Yeah but everyone (besides pens fans) already has an unreasonable hatred for that greatest of Americans, the horn guy.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Since I'm sure Sullivan is an avid reader of SAS looking for hockey mans advice, I'm just going to throw this out there...

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for Ruhwhedle to play and let Hainsey sit for a bit.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Xtanstic posted:

Start MAF
Hey, MAF on the blue line. Maybe he will finally get that goal he craves so much.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Can we please just give the conn smythe to Sullivan? Or MAF-Murray.

E; actually lets juts give it to kessel, because he is kessel

Oswald Kesselpot fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Honk Honk Honk

• Locked thread