Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This seems like the kind of game I'd enjoy, but I'm having a lot of trouble tracking the gameplay with the palette. Is there a high-contrast mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I need confirmation that Not the Robots isn't something you just made up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This is one of those games which kinda cracks wide open once you get used to it and start discovering how things synergize. In the beginning you struggle to complete a full game at all, then you struggle to beat Shangri-La, then you struggle to get high scores, and after that it's all about the goals you set for yourself.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wait, what? What's special about Phailin?

My unspeakably ridiculous playthroughs have generally been based around Anna-Earl-Dolores? because Anna and Earl have amazing toolboxes and Anna has a completely disgusting captain power.

Her renown from treasures increases every time you get a secret. It's possible to get absurd secret generation, such that a single treasure can be worth 5000 renown

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It is quite possible to get trapped in the pyramid. Rivaleux digs you out and makes you hate his smug face.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I love that tools don't get lost on failed rolls. It really helps ward off Elixir Syndrome and encourage taking a risk on a low-odds spin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

One thing you weren't doing much of in HBH, if you attack someone in the back and then switch lanes while that hero is out, on their way back in the new lane they'll hit everyone in the way. Not sure if it's an extra bonus or something strong enough to plan around.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Redneck is more fun with the Twitch integration, let's check Caveblazers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

Regarding your mention if it in the first ditto video, I don't get what people were doing to have trouble with skyward sword's controls, they never gave me any issue personally. It keeps coming up though that half the people who played it seemed to feel it was completely uncontrollable.

The thing I had to get used to was *not* treating it like an actual sword swing. It triggers off acceleration and I kept winding up for a swing, so Link would register the windup and slash in some random direction away from the target.