Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

rchandra posted:

I think it makes sense, bad security is very often worse than having none!

This is what opens so many vulnerabilities in computer security in a lot of cases. You'd be amazed how many systems are secured by passwords that themselves are then secured by the process of "What are the odds anybody will look HERE for the password?". Or just flat out that because it is hard for the dev themselves to understand, they figure people will give up before they go through all the spaghetti to figure out a vulnerability.

Then people assume they are completely protected, because hey we have that software, or site, or that home rolled encryption that Bill in accounting wrote 10 years ago, why would we spend time or money on looking at anything better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I didn't watch most of the Nongunz playthrough because the game was uninteresting, but I skipped ahead to the final boss for this one after reactions in the thread. I always love when a game ends with a preachy art-house twist, and I'm not sure why. I think it's the difference between enjoying a comedy movie and a poorly made movie. Both make you laugh, but the latter wasn't intentional, it was actually somebody's genuine effort to create something they think will be meaningful and impactful.

And then I get to sit back and laugh at them anyway. Self-righteous cunts.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cryptark.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

anilEhilated posted:

Super House of Dead Ninjas because it's fun and you can achieve utterly amazing speeds once you get good at it.

Super House of Dead Ninjas for basically the same reasons. It's pretty fun.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sel Nar posted:

Caveblazers It's the only one I've not seen.

I'll go with this (Caveblazers) too.

Immortal Redneck is basically Ziggurat but a little more complex.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Atomikus posted:

Receiver, definitely.

This.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Having never heard of it but it sounding awesome, I'm definitely voting Bunker Punks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ascendant sounds cool, so lets go with that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

This is my vote as well. Everspace is a cool game, and it deserves to get shown off.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Synthetik

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nuclear Throne because it's amazing.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sublevel Zero because I'm pretty sure that's the game that is sort of the spiritual successor to Descent.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

[b][Everspace/b] is actually a fun game, what I've played of it. It gets my vote.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Wizard of Legend is a fun game. I even backed it on Kickstarter after seeing a promo video for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Little Slime because it's about a little slime. :thunk: