Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nick Buntline posted:

'Sup.

(Actual non-Phalin-based-comedy option here.)

My advice to anyone watching at home - starve. Like a lot of the European-style board games it draws inspiration from, the game is all about snowballing efforts, so the more you can get at the beginning, the more you can get at the end. Explore every node on the first map, explore as many as you feel safe on the rest, keep an eye out for any 0-point connections (free travel as long as you're not already starving), and try your best to leave supply nodes until you need them.

I'm actually surprised to see you playing without More to Explore - I legit thought that was just bundled in at this point with how much it changes. It would certainly explain why you said Friendly's for cowards - that kind of comment can only come from someone who has not seen the wrath of Ivan the Terribly-good-at-hugging-people. Emperor's Challenge is less crucial, IMO; it does add a lot of neat stuff (including new characters), but some of it is....questionably balanced (see above highscore).

Wait, what? What's special about Phailin?

My unspeakably ridiculous playthroughs have generally been based around Anna-Earl-Dolores? because Anna and Earl have amazing toolboxes and Anna has a completely disgusting captain power.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Hear me ROR because I've played the other two.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Any class but Sniper can become a whirlwind of death once the skillset clicks with you, that being said Miner is actually one of the harder characters to play. My favorite would be Acrid and watching the enemies drop dead of plague by entire screenful.

Acrid is my best class that isn't the cheating rear end in a top hat Huntress. :v: He's almost as exceptional at kiting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Party Bug posted:

FTL: Faster Than Light
gently caress.

wait i thought you were supposed to describe the game for people who don't know about it :mad:

Voting DSD.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

hard choice

it's been a while since I played Nuclear Throne, let's do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ICoV loving owns even though I never got the hang of it.