Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cryptark, I am the worst at it and want to see someone good play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Well I sat down and watched the entire Nongunz playthrough and :stare:

I found it in my queue during the summer sale and thought it looked cool and weird, so I was thinking of buying it... and this just saved me the cash. Gods, what a dumb ending. I am a little surprised it didn't involve your skeleton shooting yourself through the window, because you were orange, the color of the enemy.

That said I did dig the idle mechanics? Like, if they had been refined more or married to a different game, that could've been...neat. A good incentive for playing more of the game for upgrades? But instead they were just tedium, combined with the bullshit of losing everything upon death.

Thanks for showing it off!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Vintage Year as I played it a long time back, was terrible at it, and want to see you play it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Deathstate! I love that game so much!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'd argue that Unexplored IS a roguelike... but that's an argument for another thread. Either way, that's my vote. It's the best game in that lot of three!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

wiegieman posted:

You might also give Golden Krone Hotel a try. It's pretty far to the Lite end of the spectrum, but there's still some Rogue in there.

Wait, what? How is it lite? It's a full-blown roguelike by every metric I can think of.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

wiegieman posted:

I should say that it's a very refined roguelike then. There aren't any gear decisions to make, spells are deliberately limited in scope and availability, potions are called out and self-identify.

...Ahhhh.

It's a roguelike, it fits the genre.

Within the genre it's more like Sproggiwood and the like - simplified, but no less fun.

Sorry for the nitpicking, but if you spend too long around roguelikes/roguelites, well, you get sensitive to these labels. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Risk of Rain is really, really good and I played it for fun. I'll be interested to hear why you hate it in the upcoming update!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blazing Beaks was profoundly boring but you did a real good job of showing it off. Also dang, I wish I were that good at video games.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Those games sound awesome! How bad could they be? :ohdear:

Exanima, please!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Convoy! It's a good game until you hit the FTL-style boss. I wanna see you break it in half, please~

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

I’m catching up on videos from this thread and I can’t really see a reason why I shouldn’t pick up Heat Signature.

You'll burn out on it at some point, but until then you're going to have a lot of fun, so do it!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FRINGE posted:

I cant even imagine what the actual plot to that must be.

I haven't seen it, but I imagine it's the plot to this phrase:

Born on a Mountain, Raised in a Cave, Truckin N Fuckin is all I Crave

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Spartan Fist!

Okay, vote made, time to watch the video~

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Something tells me you want us to vote for Everspace given that you posted its description twice...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Monolith

quote:

I'll check it out at some point! I have heard of it, but I've always had RE, so I've never wanted to risk a 'downgrade', so to speak.

It's not a downgrade so much as a side-grade. Very different gameplay, a different take on the same theme. It's like having two cakes, which is cool. I'd rec both.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lovecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

AltaBrown posted:

Rated :five: for finally coming to your senses.