Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Telltale make what are interactive TV episodes I guess. I thought I'd hate the idea and I actually don't.

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands and it's a load of fun. The writing/jokes are good and some of the events are super gross. Are any of the other games worth a look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

julian assflange posted:

Telltale make what are interactive TV episodes I guess. I thought I'd hate the idea and I actually don't

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands and it's a load of fun. Are any of the other games worth a look?

I really like Season 1 of The Walking Dead but the rest suck rear end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those games suck mung doo doo from a roadkill's corpse OP. They stink more than hobo cum mixed with poo poo after they gently caress each other in the rear end.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

The strong bad one was somehow very good but all the others are very bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm not crazy about any of the Telltale stuff I've tried but I really liked Life Is Strange OP.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The Wolf Among us is a pretty cool game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
tales from the borderlands is somewho good and i liked the batman series.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven't paid for any of them yet so perhaps that is affecting my judgement 🤔

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Plutonis posted:

Those games suck mung doo doo from a roadkill's corpse OP. They stink more than hobo cum mixed with poo poo after they gently caress each other in the rear end.

This is a strong opinion, a bit emotional perhaps. Sleep on it and come back tomorrow.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i've been on kind of an adventure game kick lately; will these games scratch that itch at all?

i also have life is strange and havent started it yet

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

play life is strange

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dromal phrenia posted:

i've been on kind of an adventure game kick lately; will these games scratch that itch at all?

No you play these in between real games there is nothing to them really

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

an actual dog posted:

play life is strange

hella recommended

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

an actual dog posted:

play life is strange

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

i also have life is strange and havent started it yet

no. the last time telltale put a puzzle in their games was during the start of the first chapter of the walking dead season 1

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've played TWD seasons 1 and 2, Tales From the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, and Batman and liked all of them but TWD S2, which was bad, and GoT which was blah. The first episode of the Guardians of the Galaxy one seemed kinda cool too but not enough to get me to buy the season right away.

But absolutely play Life is Strange which is better than all of them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss the Sam and Max games.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

The Telltale Tool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Plutonis posted:

*barf noises *

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

play life is strange

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

no. the last time telltale put a puzzle in their games was during the start of the first chapter of the walking dead season 1

nice, i quit playing at that lovely puzzle

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I played Walking Dead as an altrustic group leader. Then I played as a nonverbal and violent loner. The events unfolded the same way. So that was basically the last Telltale game I played.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oyak posted:

I played Walking Dead as an altrustic group leader. Then I played as a nonverbal and violent loner. The events unfolded the same way. So that was basically the last Telltale game I played.

Watch out, we've got a bad rear end over here.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

nice, i quit playing at that lovely puzzle

thats a high level move

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Walking Dead season 1, with maybe the 400 Days dlc if you absolutely want more is good. Steer clear of later seasons. Wolf Among Us is decent, but not as good.

Life Is Strange is not Telltale, but is very good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I call this style of game the Feels Games. Life is Strange is the best feels game by a million years, it's basically The Wire of the genre. Once you play it all others will pale in comparison. Tho I did enjoy Walking Dead S1 and Tales from the Borderlands.

The worst feels game I've played so far is the Game of Thrones one. It sucked the llamas rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Been eyeing the Batman Telltale series. On sale right now.. Wonder what that crazy rear end Bat would get into..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been eyeing the Batman Telltale series. On sale right now.. Wonder what that crazy rear end Bat would get into..

he probably has to thwart the nefarious plans of the joker and two face while dealing with the unpredictable cat woman

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trying to jack off posted:

he probably has to thwart the nefarious plans of the joker and two face while dealing with the unpredictable cat woman

Spoiler this poo poo, thanks

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I somehow got the first game of thrones episode, must have been PS+ or something so will give that a try

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Plutonis posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Their Strong Bad game series was really good. If you miss Sam and Max but didn't check it out... You should!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the sam and max games have such good soundtracks and im still pissed they never released the third season soundtrack as a cd or even as a digital download :argh:

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
Those guy that made Resonance and Technobabylon, go play their games if you want old school adventure games with puzzles and poo poo.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

PaulMorel posted:

Those guy that made Resonance and Technobabylon, go play their games if you want old school adventure games with puzzles and poo poo.

Those are different developers, same publisher tho

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i started resonance and stopped just as the actual game kicked in. i should probably finish it one day

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PaulMorel posted:

old school adventure games with puzzles and poo poo.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i really liked oxenfree

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried to play day of the tentacle recently and hated it, tbh. the writing was awful, the interfaces was clunky, and i thought the puzzles sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i tried to play day of the tentacle recently and hated it, tbh. the writing was awful, the interfaces was clunky, and i thought the puzzles sucked.

It's terrible like every other old adventure game and cruises on nostalgia only.

• Locked thread