Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Disband the WTA. Throw all WTA players into the garbage bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tennis is dying.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Glare Seethe posted:

Yeah I wonder if that'll be a problem for the sport in the future once Fed and Nadal retire (and Djokovic, though to a lesser extent as he's less popular)... Hard to get excited about older players winning slams cause they've been around for so long, and equally hard to get excited about promising young players because they can't win slams. It was cool when Wawrinka broke through at a later age but he was never supposed to be the next big thing so no one had a chance to tire of him. I think people are already a little tired of hearing about Dimitrov and Raonic.

The sport will be dead. Look how awful the woman's field is without Serena. That's the men's field in 5 years.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
As for this era I highly doubt the three greatest players in tennis history just happened at the same time. It's much more likely that changes in "nutrition" and the general neutering of hardcourts/grass courts have made it much easier to dominate the entire tour schedule.

I would take the 80s-to-mid-90s tennis field over the "golden age" and I wouldn't even think twice.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Buddy Holly posted:

It makes me so upset when Djokovic loses his temper with the ball children for not bringing his towel fast enough. I HATE HIM

The towels are filled with steroid juice and doping sauce. Ban that cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The French Open never has good matches, because clay courts are an affront to God.

• Locked thread