Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Not surprising Kerber lost, the woman she played isn't a complete mug. Kerber (and Murray) have been poo poo since getting to #1.

Great seeing Petra back and winning.

Betting websites are streaming matches so I don't have to suffer with ITV or Eurosport. Yay.

e: Warm up the tank engine Tomic is coming. Choo chooo!

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Slams get their own thread.

French players are down like flies and the first round isn't over yet.

e: oh Mladenovic might escape with the help the help of the crowd.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 29, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The Korean kid Chung beat Querrey and it looks like Zverev is about to be shown the door by old fart Verdasco (good job backing up that Rome win).

People are saying Konta going out is a shock but how can that be when she's done that three years in a row now. She's crap on clay.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I think Zverev made a huge mistake last night. There was 20 minutes of light left and he wanted to stop even though he was playing the better tennis at that moment. Instead he came out today and got rolled in two sets.

Murray making a meal of out this as expected.

Brown is only worth watching on grass.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They can barely see out there.

It has to stop soon. Murray/Monfils was the latest finish at RG but Monfils tanked the last set.

e: actually another Monfils match went on for a little longer.

e: still loving going!

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 30, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Glare Seethe posted:

Murray's awful and Del Potro is injured again. :sigh: At least Berdych is losing too.

I got worried there. It was Almagro who retired. Men's tennis can't take another del Po injury.

Murray's looking a lot better now.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Such a shame what happened to Goffin, he was looking good.

Buddy Holly posted:

It makes me so upset when Djokovic loses his temper with the ball children for not bringing his towel fast enough. I HATE HIM

At least he doesn't blow his nose and/or spit into the towel before giving to the balls kids like some other players.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Carlos Ramos isn't taking Novak's poo poo.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Bellis went out :( Wozniacki was such a whiny poo poo last night I was hoping she would lose.

Even if del Po had won the first set you know he didn't have the energy/fitness to win two more sets.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Nishikori just smashed his racquet. Chung is well on top at the moment.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Haven't watch much tennis in the past few days but its great to see Ostapenko get into the match. Got a bit worried when she went 0-5 down when she's trashed Woz the three times they've met.

e: and she gets broken again to lose the set as I typed that :argh:

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 6, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Jelena Ostapenko is going to take out the trash. She has too much power for Wozniacki. If it had been a little less windy it would have been in two sets.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

In December I wondered when Djokovic could get #1 again (since I don't expect Murray to repeat the back half of 2016) and he's not even #2 now.

That last set was pathetic.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I was worried since they've both played some hot garbage but Nishikori lost the will to live in the forth set.

C'mon Andy :woop:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I expect Darren Cahill to commit suicide if Halep doesn't win the whole drat thing.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 8, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Stan is playing really well in the fifth :(

e: bagel incoming :aaa:

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 9, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If this doesn't end in straights then it'll have to finish tomorrow and it doesn't help they made the two matches into two sessions and had to clear out the Murray/Wawrinka watchers first.

'90s tennis men can gently caress off, bring on la decima!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Looks like Nadal doesn't want to play tomorrow and has opted to crush Thiem like a bug.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If Halep can't win here then there's no hope for her. It's windy and that should help her as Ostapenko was spraying the ball for 20 minutes in the wind against Wozniacki.

I like Ostapenko but I don't want her to get crushed under expectations like last years Roland Garros winner did.

e: wow Ostapenko hit four winners to break instantly.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

This is a very entertaining match :munch:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Ostapenko did it! :love:

and she did it hitting a crazy number of winners in the whole tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I only saw the last few points but holy poo poo, what a trashing.

La decima happened.

• Locked thread