Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hi, Tita's mom.
If you want some help to hide Agate's corpse, I'm sure Kevin would understand.

E: update 3 posts ago last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Erika is amusing for a minute (and in fact, her in an upcoming scene had me laughing pretty drat hard), but she never turns the crazy off. Which is fine, she's clearly more comic relief than anything in this game and her involvement is minimal. It annoys me after a while, but my problem has more to do with the story she's connected to. But again, I'll get to that when it comes up.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Huh. I can only hope Tita gets her personality from her dad, because yeesh.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Tallgeese posted:

Huh. I can only hope Tita gets her personality from her dad, because yeesh.

When Tita first brings up Erika in SC, Estelle says "I bet your mom's just like you" and she's like: "Actually, she's not like me at all."

It's still possible Tita has grown some additional spunk by the time Cold Steel III rolls around. She should be in the middle of puberty, after all.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think Erika's great. :colbert:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh wow, this... Is certainly one way to find out that 3rd is out already. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, to say the least.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Oh wow, this... Is certainly one way to find out that 3rd is out already. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, to say the least.

The mods ignored the PM requests to change the Falcom thread title in Games, so not a huge surprise there's some who didn't know it came out about a month ago.

Edit: Annnnd as I say that, I see it finally got changed. Welp.

Erpy posted:

When Tita first brings up Erika in SC, Estelle says "I bet your mom's just like you" and she's like: "Actually, she's not like me at all."

It's still possible Tita has grown some additional spunk by the time Cold Steel III rolls around. She should be in the middle of puberty, after all.

She's 16 by the time of Cold Steel III, so possibly.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 29, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Speaking of Cold Steel, what's the policy regarding discussion of it here (and to a lesser extent Zero/Ao)?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Please don't spoil anything that's not in the previous Sky games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Junpei posted:

Speaking of Cold Steel, what's the policy regarding discussion of it here (and to a lesser extent Zero/Ao)?

I'd prefer if you avoided discussing things that happen in Cold Steel that I haven't shown.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, cool, just wanted to know so I don't make a dumb mistake later

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Hell yes, someone's LPing this.

Cake Attack's LP is actually what got me INTO this series, and of course I read Really Pants' LP of SC.

I actually played this as soon as it came out, but I'm looking forward to seeing someone else's playthrough of it (i.e. what did I miss?)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 9, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I'm not sure if Kevin simply moved over to Cid in order to get his opinion after Erika's statements about Agate's grim fate, but it really looked as if he was slooooooowly backing away from her in that "Oh gently caress, this person might be a serial killer"-kind of way. Also LOL at Erika's "greatest power in the universe"-line. I seriously didn't expect that one the first time I saw that scene.

Speaking about Erika, the upcoming Cold Steel III Tita's artwork has her wearing her hair in a ponytail with a red ribbon in exactly the same way her mom currently does. Which is a really nice callback.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Erika is totally a wine mom. If she had a Facebook page it would be full of Minions that her friend Sharon would constantly post "LOL!" on along with unrelated updates on her son Hunter (the ladies man!). She also gave Erika a "Live. Laugh. Love" needlework pillow for her birthday that is currently Erika's cover photo. And in every picture of Erika and her friends (or her tribe, as she calls it), everyone is slightly crouched even when they don't need to be.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 30, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That's just hurtful, man.

Luckily Zemuria is a more idealistic world for the most part, so there's no such thing as Minions or Facebook.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 30, 2017

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Gustav calling Erika "kiddo" amuses me, mostly because she seems immature and bratty. He claims it's just because of habit, but he's totally calling it as he sees it. Even by Japanese standards, she should be at least in her late 20's.

Her one saving grace in my eyes is that she gave us Tita, the best murderchib. :v:

Really Pants posted:

Antoine: Nyaon?

The best character from FC and SC returns! I am disappointed he doesn't get his own portrait. :colbert:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ries is rather beautiful, I'll give Erika that.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Really Pants posted:

That's just hurtful, man.

Luckily Zemuria is a fairly idealistic world, so there's no such thing as Minions or Facebook.

You mean they don't have them NOW. Crossbell already has proto-Internet at the time of the 3rd.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

RegalStar posted:

You mean they don't have them NOW. Crossbell already has proto-Internet at the time of the 3rd.

And Ouroboros already introduced the practice of cybercrime to the world. And already employs several weapon-grade trolls. Whenever the Orbal Net goes mainstream, it'll only be a matter of days before it completely turns to poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RegalStar posted:

Cold Steel spoiler: The kids of Class VII have a class on computers and talk about a proto Internet as well.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Erpy posted:

And Ouroboros already introduced the practice of cybercrime to the world. And already employs several weapon-grade trolls. Whenever the Orbal Net goes mainstream, it'll only be a matter of days before it completely turns to poo poo.

Kevin's Priestbook will continually be bombed by Estelle and Dorothy because he won't change his status to 'Onion.'

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
On an unrelated note: The Third's OP, "Cry for me", is seriously one of my favorite OPs from any game or anime, and that's high praise alongside some great OPs ("Senkou no Yukue" from CS2, AND Ao Evolution's OP, whatever it is, being two of my other favorites).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Junpei posted:

On an unrelated note: The Third's OP, "Cry for me", is seriously one of my favorite OPs from any game or anime, and that's high praise alongside some great OPs ("Senkou no Yukue" from CS2, AND Ao Evolution's OP, whatever it is, being two of my other favorites).

Really? I found that I didn't like it nearly as much as Silver Will, Golden Wings or the opening from FC.

Also, the CS opening is way better than CS2's.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Some Numbers posted:

Really? I found that I didn't like it nearly as much as Silver Will, Golden Wings or the opening from FC.

Also, the CS opening is way better than CS2's.

I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree, then. I generally liked the Crossbell and Erebonia soundtracks more than the Liberl ones (The former has Azure Arbitrator, Inevitable Struggle and Get Over The Barrier, and the latter has Exceed, Azure Destination and Heated Mind as my favorites). Silver Will always will have a place in my heart, but i generally like it more when Falcom JDK goes back to it's Ys roots with some heavy rock.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, Cold Steel has a great soundtrack; Glint of Cold Steel, Don't be Defeated by a Friend, Belief...

But we're getting off topic. Trails 3rd has a great soundtrack too!

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
I dread the day Erika and Anlace meet. Especially if somebody they would deem cute is nearby.

Also, I gotta hurry and finish this game, somebody's already started an LP and I'm only on chapter 4.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Edvarius posted:

I dread the day Erika and Anlace meet. Especially if somebody they would deem cute is nearby.

At the Russel's for dinner? With Tita present?

Olivier will be able to hear (and probably recognize) the voices from Erebonia.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm hoping we find out why Erika has some kind of raging grudge against Agate.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

AweStriker posted:

I'm hoping we find out why Erika has some kind of raging grudge against Agate.

I'm guessing that Tita talked a lot about Agate and how much fun she has with him and Erika is jealous of him worried that he's a bad influence on her.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm guessing that Tita talked a lot about Agate and how much fun she has with him and Erika is jealous of him worried that he's a bad influence on her.

SC made clear that Tita has somewhat of a crush on Agate. The rest should be obvious, even if Tita is so young and sheltered that her idea of a date is eating icecream together. :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 9, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Never change, Gilbert. Never change. :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is it just me, or does masked man look a LOT like Loewe?
Because, even if I'm fairly confident in saying he's not actually a revived Loewe, either way it isn't a good thing at all.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I wouldn't say Kevin and Ries are just as good as Estelle and Joshua. More like good in a different way, because the interplay is significantly different between the two.

Gilbert immediately makes me want to dunk his head in the toilet, which means his character must be effectively written. :v:

As an aside, I really like how all the TitS games keep your character levels consistent, and just ramp up the enemy difficulty. Contrast it to something like Ultima where you've got the same character throughout the series, but you're knocked back to level 1 with no excuse or some bullshit excuse that doesn't fit with the canon (i.e. every time you come to Britannia, your skills are reset... except for Ultima 4/5/6 where you can character transfer.)

And beaten to this while typing my post:

Omobono posted:

Because, even if I'm fairly confident in saying he's not actually a revived Loewe, either way it isn't a good thing at all.

Exactly my thought process. "Wait a minute, is that... nah, he died. ... didn't he? gently caress, this is going to su- what"

And now the game really starts. :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Omobono posted:

I'm playing through right now and assuming that's going to be one of the big "reveals" towards the end.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wow, you're really blazing through the game so far.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh. So you were serious about the entire game being one big dungeon?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xander77 posted:

Oh. So you were serious about the entire game being one big dungeon?

Why would you assume that wasn't serious? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Some Numbers posted:

Why would you assume that wasn't serious? :confused:
It seemed like a huge departure from the series formula. And from the things that made it unique and fun. Having second thoughts about buying this (and I placed the game at the top of my steam wishlist the moment it came out)

• Locked thread