Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Endorph posted:

maybe link the LPs of the first two games in the op?

First Chapter
Second Chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I suppose it's too much to hope for that Dorothy is the new recruit....

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

Hey, if you're going to do that would you mind highlighting the update posts in some way so I don't skip over them assuming they're discussion?

Go to User Control Panel > Edit Options and turn on "Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts". That makes LP threads a lot easier to read.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Erpy posted:

If you brought Kevin to the Loewe battle in SC, it all but confirms that he's the person Rufina faced during that Ouroboros mission of hers that gets mentioned here. Given how deadly he was, Rufina must have been quite the warrior herself.

It's in here:

quote:

You're Kevin Graham, yes? Would you happen to know a woman named Rufina?
...Where did you get that name?
So she WAS a Gralsritter. I thought so. I fought a bowgun-wielding churchwoman similar to yourself several years ago. That was one of the few other times I've been so thoroughly matched. Is she still well?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Really Pants posted:

No matter the situation, Olivier's first thought is 'can we turn this mother up y/n.'

What's really impressive is that the answer is always 'yes'.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Maybe it's funnier in Japan.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Erpy posted:

Speaking of Estelle, I like that they gave her a different in-battle portrait in this game to emphasize her continued emotional maturing process. It's a subtle, but really nice touch that they haven't done with any other character. Compare the two side by side.

These look exactly alike to me. What am I missing?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Well, that's there.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That's what he thinks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I vote LPer's choice.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm not much of a chef, but I would've thought that a recipe for tomato fondue would involve tomatoes. Learn something every day, I guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That was amusing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Still waiting on the fight against Niall and Dorothy where it turns out they're the strongest enemies in the game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Glazius posted:

Man, how would you even put that story together without a screenshot tool?

Transcribe it and put it in a text file (or find someone who's already done that and use their copy).

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Really Pants posted:

'The truth of my identity is already within your grasp. My number reveals all.'

Bleublanc is Enforcer no. 10, so yeah, this is a pretty big hint.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Really Pants posted:

I'd say I'm entitled to a drink or two.

I don't think that's supposed to be Estelle's line.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

She's not terrified of Cassius because he's an unreadable blank slate. She's terrified of him because he invited her to dinner.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm going to say Estelle for the first two, Olivier/Zin/Schera for the next three, and no opinion on the third.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It'd be interesting to see a match between Cassius and the three enforcers. My guess is that his status immunities would make the fight pretty one-sided, but that's just a guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

After we get our answer in the LP, I want to hear how you arrived at the right one.

I guessed it a while back not based on any hints or clues, but because Rufina is the only character who it would make narrative sense for the Lord of Phantasma to be.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

As in... the big bad should be someone we've already been introduced to?

More that Rufina is a Chekhov's gun. The Trails series does adhere to standard literary conventions, after all.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah. It's Professor Alba.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Erpy posted:

Then there's Owen's Madness Mantra and the notion that people like Elmer (who was turned into a cannibalistic monster against his will) and Miss Graham (who needed a psychologist more than eternal damnation) who acted out of deranged desperation rather than malice end up in the same place as men who send mercanaries to raid villages and orphanages.

This isn't so much a theologically accurate representation of the afterlife as it is something designed to torture Kevin as much as possible, so maybe that's not actually how it works.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Do you actually have to replay this every time through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That was a much better ending than we got in SC. Thanks for the LP.

• Locked thread