Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm sad you didn't include a gif of the hilariously unnecessarily long PS1-style cut-in animation right before the boss gauntlet begins.

Also these fights were mostly painless anyway on hard but on normal it's a total joke. I enjoyed Murder Death Tank 20X6 taking a whopping 2300 damage from a critical Gordias charge. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The number of people that apparently took Josette to the final boss (myself included) is slightly unsettling!

Seems like a consequence of thinking that you'd get another chance to reform your party and then the game says "NOPE, the parties you chose two hours ago are what you're stuck with, have fun!"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The ending, and in particular Estelle and Joshua's farewell to Renne, is certainly the highlight of this game. Masterful buildup and execution.

This series thus far has been a never ending cycle of Finish game->"Give me the next game now"->Wait patiently for next game->It finally came out, yes!->Finish game->"Give me the next game now" and so on. Can't imagine what it was like for the Japanese when this game came out and there was no clear direction going forward for how these many, many plot threads would resolve. I suppose CS2 is kinda sorta that for English speakers but certainly not to that extent. For my part I'm glad that for Zero and Ao that there are solid fan translation efforts in development in the worst-case scenario that XSeed can't localize them themselves.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Erpy posted:

Which would indicate he didn't manage to come up with a title that satisfied Ein. Which would be funny in its own right.

Onion Graham sounds like something Ries would come up, on account of it being food.

• Locked thread