Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I dunno, I had a lot of fun watching insecure Kloe go around and learn some self-confidence. Seeing Jill and Hans in junior roles is entertaining, and it's nice to see exactly why Kloe and Jill became friends.

When I saw this door for the first time, I saw Lechter as a foil to Kevin. Like Kevin, he's a comedian, and like Kevin he uses comedy to distance himself from other people. But Lechter is going around trying to help people and make their lives better on a very personal level. That's not something Kevin would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I think you're all forgetting someone important: None of those guild receptionists were responsible for the demise of Voldemort.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I appreciate that several characters trust Kevin even though they know he's hiding something important. It reminds me of Estelle and Olivier back in SC; she really has rubbed off on Joshua.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

It's a rare piece of fiction where the protagonist is everyone's favorite character.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Was Trails the 3rd rushed in development at all? I'm surprised Falcom released it without noticing such a massive bug.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

That conversation between Kevin and Joshua might be my favorite of the game. There's just so much going on, with Kevin doing his damnedest to convince Joshua he's a terrible person, and Joshua just not having it. It really justifies Estelle joining the party so late, too, because despite her absence she's still so present in the scene: Joshua phrases things in a very characteristic way, with bonds and debts and all that, but it's still pretty obvious Estelle rubbed off on him in a big way.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

It's a good thing Kurt gets to look like a badass in Schera's moon door, because man, bad things happen to him every time he's on screen in the main story.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I got really confused by this part. I got the reference to Bleublanc's number, but thought his number was 1.

See, the enforcer numbers match up to the major arcana of the Tarot. The correspondence is generally extremely unsubtle; Joshua gets XIII, or Death, which is about as blunt as you can get. So I figured Bleublanc had to be I, the Magician, right? I mean, he's a magician.

It turns out... no. X is the Wheel of Fortune, which I suppose fits just as well.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

As expected Loewe was the boss.

Speak for yourself, I thought it would be the most powerful and intimidating figure connected to Ouroboros: Gilbert.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Yeah, I appreciated the chests here for calling out what a labor of love the Trails in the Sky localization is.

Kotaku has a great article about SC's localization, which, uh, "hard" doesn't really begin to describe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Let's hope that Kevin returns in a future game under his new title, Onion Graham

• Locked thread